Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Mosque gets Ok...

Quote Originally Posted by collegetrumpet2010 View Post
    Is every quote that contradicts your arguments a quote twisted by right wingers?
    It does seem that way at times.....Man I wish I could be 100% sure of myself all the time like that

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by collegetrumpet2010 View Post
    Is every quote that contradicts your arguments a quote twisted by right wingers?
    No, but usually when you see things like that, they're twisted. I live by Judge Judy's philosophy, that if it doesn't make sense, it probably isn't true. Go copy and paste it in the search bar and see what you get. Obviously the first one was twisted and he didn't say that. I can't even really find anything on the second one. This is some what I do get...

Inside the Push for Ground Zero-Area Mosque - Hannity - FOXNews.com

Ground Zero Imam: ?I Don?t Believe in Religious Dialogue? ? Winds Of Jihad By SheikYerMami

Haters Go After the ?Ground Zero Mosque? - Conservative Society for Action (West Islip, NY) - Meetup.com

PipelineNews.org - The RIGHT News...RIGHT Now

Big heads up right there, it's not like I didn't go check it and then said that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=R13;1831922]Yeah, looked that up, doesn't look like he said that. He says he doesn't like the phrase, because it doesn't equal results.

This phrase is inaccurate. Religious dialogue as customarily understood is a set of events with discussions in large hotels that result in nothing. Religions do not dialogue and dialogue is not present in the attitudes of the followers, regardless of being Muslim or Christian. The image of Muslims in the West is complex which needs to be remedied.

I figured it would have been twisted by some anti-islam blog or something and that's exactly what happened.

They should probably get it in gear when they make up about 1/2 of 1 percent of the population. [/QUO

Haha never said they would take over, just stated that it is easier to do a takeover when you are friendly with the one you seek to destroy. Guess who will not be on my team if we are playing war games lol.
    crack is whack

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Everyone here knows that if you don't support this mosque then you're just racist and not letting people have freedom of religion. There's no conflict of interest with were it's being built and the guy building it isn't being shady or anything so what's the big deal?

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyhead View Post
    Guess who will not be on my team if we are playing war games lol.
    Matthew Broderick?
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    So PVfan, what is your issue with the complex/mosque being built? Just curious.
    It's just rude. Honestly, why not build the thing somewhere else? It would be like the KKK building something in Selma. It's just not the right thing to do. FWIW, I don't think it will ever be built. They wont get the money to fund it unless they get it from a terrorist organization. If that does happen, the government will catch on and put the stop to it. I personally believe that one of the main components of Islam is Sharia Law. I also believe from what I've read (you can discount it if you like, I still believe this) that those behind this mosque would like to expand Sharia Law. Sharia Law is already talking place in Europe, so it could happen. I would hate to see that happen here.

I'm 100% for tolerance of religion which is evidenced by many of previous posts on other issues. However, when you tolerate one religion that believes in being intolerant to another you have major, major issues.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

However, when you tolerate one religion that believes in being intolerant to another you have major, major issues.
    Dude--stop for just a second and think about how ironic that statement above is, given our current state of affairs in the US.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoeburnCane View Post
    Dude--stop for just a second and think about how ironic that statement above is, given our current state of affairs in the US.
    You guys keep believing how you want, I'll keep believing how I want. You can't discount what is happening around the world. As I've said, I have no problem with what religion you choose. However, when the religion you choose directly wants to affect the rest of society I have a problem. It's pointless for you, R13, and myself to continue the conversation. I've studied the stuff, my final undergraduate project in college was on Islamic Relations in America. I can't support building a mosque that is posing as a community center at an area where debris from the largest terror attack in United States history occurred.

It's also sickening to me that certain people in this country consider this point of view as racist. It's even worse than the president uses examples of Catholic and Jewish struggles as similar. It's getting to the point that those who run this country just assume things and go on. Just like with Obama and his birth place (btw, I think he was born here) just show us, the people, where the money came from to build this and you'll get me to shut up.

What's next Westboro Baptist Church building a community center in a homosexual section of San Francisco?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    It's just rude. Honestly, why not build the thing somewhere else? It would be like the KKK building something in Selma. It's just not the right thing to do. FWIW, I don't think it will ever be built. They wont get the money to fund it unless they get it from a terrorist organization. If that does happen, the government will catch on and put the stop to it. I personally believe that one of the main components of Islam is Sharia Law. I also believe from what I've read (you can discount it if you like, I still believe this) that those behind this mosque would like to expand Sharia Law. Sharia Law is already talking place in Europe, so it could happen. I would hate to see that happen here.

I'm 100% for tolerance of religion which is evidenced by many of previous posts on other issues. However, when you tolerate one religion that believes in being intolerant to another you have major, major issues.

Some are taking it as rude, but it's not intended as being rude IMO at all. That's a bad comparison, this isn't a terrorist organization like the KKK. And no, it doesn't have to come from a terriorist organization either, with fundraising just in the area and the attention this has gotten, it could be raised several times over without any funding whatsoever from any terrorists funding...with the accusations like that, it's being watched, these people aren't stupid enough to even try something like that if they had any desire to do so. The most I've seen in Europe was some muslim groups, which are a fraction of the population, have tried to get the courts to recognize sharia law in areas like divorce and inheritance just for their group...not for everyone. They have like 50 times as many muslims too.

As CC said, take a look around here. I don't really see you being all that worried with the intolerant religion that is in this country controlling things and everyone else lives for many years and it isn't Islam.

I can't support building a mosque that is posing as a community center at an area where debris from the largest terror attack in United States history occurred.
    It is a community center. It's going to have a theater, swimming pool, day care, bball court, bookstore, culinary school among other things and will have a mosque inside too...muslims have been meeting there and praying for sometime now.

It's also sickening to me that certain people in this country consider this point of view as racist.
    When they get the same kind of reaction with protests like this in everywhere they put something like this up, including ones going on right now in other states, what do you think is fueling this? Hatred is my guess. I'm not saying that is your reasoning, I don't think it is, but I do think it's what has fueled this thing..pure hatred and bigotry. Muslims are the scapegoat of the 21st century and there's a massive amount of hatred in this country towards them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As CC said, take a look around here. I don't really see you being all that worried with the intolerant religion that is in this country controlling things and everyone else lives for many years and it isn't Islam.
    Wrong, I have a major problem with religion being involved in politics. FWIW, around here I have a problem with the shirts that say PV, We still Pray. If you want to wear a shirt that says I'm still pray, fine. There is no reason in including the school in it.

As for the muslims and small percentage of the population, in your lifetime Muslims will be the majority of the population of Europe. Those who have the majority rule, and even you can't dispute that. So, please stop with this they are only a small percentage of the population so we shouldn't worry. If they want to practice and be tolerate fine. If not, they fit my book like the radical Christians, Jews, Atheists, and every other religous fruit cake does.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast