Thread: Why is there suffering in the world?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why is there suffering in the world?

Why Is there Suffering in the World?

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." John 8:36

"If there is a God, and that God is a good God, then why is there suffering?"

"What kind of a God is it that has created evil?"

Ever heard those comments before? Ever made them yourself?

You're not alone. Many people have thought the same thing. But that's not straight thinking. Let me tell you the way it truly is.

God did not create evil. God created perfection. God made man perfectly free. The freedom He granted man meant that he had to be free to choose to love. Then in order to choose to love, we must be able to choose not to love. This freedom of choice gave rise to evil, for man's freedom meant he could make a wrong choice.

Which kind of love do you want from others? A forced love or a free love? Which sounds better, "I love you" or "I have to love you"?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Why is there suffering in the world?

August 22

Pray to Be Heard of God, Not Men

"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward." Matthew 6:5

One time a young professional was waiting for a meeting when he heard someone walking down the hallway. Thinking that this might be a potential client for him, he picked up his telephone and pretended to be having a high-powered conversation.

Soon the footsteps stopped at his desk. Looking up he asked, "What may I do for you?" The man standing before him replied, "I'm from the telephone company. I've come to hook up your phone."

Prayer is the same way. The prayer that gets our Savior's attention comes from the heart and not from the head, "to be heard by men." Prayers to impress people are one-way conversations.

Find a quiet place in your home where you can be alone with the Lord every day for a special time of communion with the Him. He is waiting for you there.

http://www.christianity.com/devotion...ding/11636711/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The world is suffering be cause people have turn their backs on God.

Very good post :2thumbsup: I've heard people say more than once " If God was real why did he make the devil and all this things that are suppose to be evil?"
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What Is Justification?

"?and whom He justified, them He also glorified. "Romans 8:30

What does it mean to be justified? It means to be declared righteous.

Justification is not being good, though being good gives God glory. When you put your faith where God put your sins - on the Lord Jesus Christ - then God stamps "righteous" over your name in His "Book of Life."

It's not because of what you have done or ever can do, but because of His justification.

No court on earth can justify anybody. But what God does is take a guilty person and not only give that guilty person a pardon, but He makes that guilty person just as if he had never sinned. That's justification.

If you lived every moment believing in the justification that God has given you, how would your faith be strengthened? Would you be more vocal about the gift of God's love?