Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Southern Baptist leader takes stance against yoga...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Southern Baptist leader takes stance against yoga...

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Yeah, after you edited it and added it on. I read the original and that's what was being replied to. I don't care either way, I stand for what I do because I know its right and I believe what I do because I know its right - but mine aren't faith based either or because its been fed to me my whole life, they're from conclusions of facts, common sense, logic and being a good human being.
    you are wrong, that wasnt the part i edited on. that was part of the original, i actually gave you a bigger compliment but figured you would bitch about that in some way too. I dont understand your Christian argument with me, i have never claimed to be a good christian and i hate that term in general. I dont know many people that truly are christians, its a word thats tossed around like a whore at a frat party. Just because somebody has christian beliefs doesnt make them a CHRISTIAN. Christian=christ like, not baptist, methodist etc etc......
    Cant we all just get along?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    you are wrong, that wasnt the part i edited on. that was part of the original, i actually gave you a bigger compliment but figured you would bitch about that in some way too. I dont understand your Christian argument with me, i have never claimed to be a good christian and i hate that term in general. I dont know many people that truly are christians, its a word thats tossed around like a whore at a frat party. Just because somebody has christian beliefs doesnt make them a CHRISTIAN. Christian=christ like, not baptist, methodist etc etc......
    Dude I read what it said, the second part wasn't even on there. It stopped at the first paragraph, the second part was added on. I read it when it was originally posted, bookmarked it to reply and finally got to it and was replying to it. Really not arguing about that, don't care, just tired of the complaining on every board about the posts, posters, mods etc.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by collegetrumpet2010 View Post
    The same could be said for the pastor who took the stance against yoga. You're no different than the people whom you complain that assume they are right.

About the rock music being a sin thing, I'm not going to call people stupid for believing it's sin. Do I find it annoying? Yes, because most of the people who are against it for reasons pertaining to Christianity usually have no way of backing it up. You may say that this pastor didn't back up his position and I agree. I saw nowhere in this article where he tried to justify himself. All I saw was you calling him stupid and doing what you normally do: call people stupid when they don't share your belief. I also didn't see you justifying your stance for yoga.

How can people simply not read any of your posts when most of what is on this specific forum and political forum is you screaming about how dumb Republicans and Conservative Christians are?

Let me tell you another thing, I agree with Rocky about how you are good about standing your ground. Kudos for that. He's also right about how you are quick to insult those who don't share your opinion. Don't expect to get very far with an attitude like that.
    I'm not "assuming", I know for a fact it's impossible for anyone to know or not if there is a god, that's right. A meditation practice being some kind of sin is wrong, even assuming I believe in all the ridiculous stuff in there, that's not one of them.

Sort of like this guy not backing it up, huh? If someone blatently claims something that isn't true at all, it's stupid to do so. Just like with the whole young earthers thing, that's not true and they know it, if someone wants to continue to claim other wise...don't expect not to think they're stupid and it shouldn't be excused because it's wrapped up in a religion. Again I've never said he was stupid because I didn't believe it, you all resort to that when you don't have an argument, it's just stupid and should be called like it is. I find it so funny that a lot of the same group that complains about PC, gets all up in arms when someone in their religion is called out for their antics.

Is a stance for yoga needed? Well one, there's nothing wrong with it and never has been, unless you or he can prove otherwise that's the initial standing. And two, show me anywhere in the bible that says anything about it?

Just not do it or post things for your own side. I'm not here to give equal time to each side, I defend my side and post what I want to, not my responsibility to give the other sides view. You can put me on ignore, you can not read it, not even open the thread...let's not sit here and pretend anyone is forcing you to do that or even asking you to. I stay in my threads most of the time and even said along time ago when there was more bitching that I would limit myself to only my own threads in the religion forum, but what happens? Still no posts/threads by you or anyone else, but come in mine and bitch about it being the only threads to post in. You have the ability to post your own threads, do it instead of complaining about mine. You have the ability to ignore mine, do it, instead of reading it and then complaining about what I say in them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    just tired of the complaining on every board about the posts, posters, mods etc.
    what are you talking about? i havent even said anything except that this place has gone downhill. or do you just mean everyone on the board in general?

FWIW you really are one of my favorite posters on here in a LONG LONG time, at least you know how to argue.
    Cant we all just get along?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with Rocky, R13 may get on my nerves at times as I am sure I do his but you gotta give him credit, he doesn't back down! Probably one of my favorite posters too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12