0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Atheist group demands East Tennessee school cease pre-game prayers

[quote=cosmo99;1841454]
    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Have you researched any of what you just answered?
    Yeah actually, feel free to go check on anything I said. Those laws have been around longer than anything about Christianity, plus they are just common-sense laws any society needs and will have. And you don't have to swear on any bible, you can "affirm" to tell the truth to the best of your knowledge, same thing...that's only a symbolic thing anyway, it's not required by law.

Quote Originally Posted by MikMo View Post
    The way this country is going, I wouldn't be suprised if the Muslims were allowed to whip out their carpets and pray to Mecca before the ballgames, as sympathetic as this country and others are being pushed towards Islam.
    Lol Riiiiiiight. There's an overwhelming hatred of them and they are unfairly treated 10 to 1 over being catered to in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJones View Post
    LOL your calling the Christians narrow minded. Atheist's are to close minded to entertain the thought of a god existing. Thank god your a democrat.
    Absolutely and its not even close with any other group of people here, at all. You realize you're talking to an agnostic, right? Atheists are hardly ever raised atheists, so they probably have experienced the other side, then concluded their wasn't one by the massive amount of evidence against there being one...so wrong.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Satan? Lol We believe he's non-existent like the other guy too, I always find it funny when people try to equate atheism to satanism.
    Really? agnostic? We usually means you include yourself in a group. this thread is speaking of atheists, are you just trying to agree with the less liked group again or what?
    Cant we all just get along?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Really? agnostic? We usually means you include yourself in a group. this thread is speaking of atheists, are you just trying to agree with the less liked group again or what?
    Yeah, agnostic, have always claimed myself as one one here and explained my groups about a million times. I did use we and usually do include myself with with atheists and humanists because we're 1) usually lumped in together most of the time anyways as non-beleivers and 2) want the same things and to be treated fairly. I'm more of a secular agnostic, which means I do lean heavily towards atheism, but believe there's no way of every knowing 100%. I've explained this many times and always been agnostic when doing it, but I do stand on the "non believers side" because we all work towards the same goal and want the same things. The thread is speaking of a particular atheist group who took action, that doesn't mean agnostics and humanists don't have a say in it, they absolutely do. And yeah I generally defend minority groups of all kinds, which I don't understand how anyone wouldn't.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345