Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Free Thought Group forming in Norton

Quote Originally Posted by Milk3 View Post
    It's a "symbol" that represent our nation. If flags are a just a pieces of cloth then no one should get offended by the confederate flag or the nazi flag then? right? It's not WHAT it is it's what it REPRESENT.
    I said it does have a meaning, it represents good things and bad things, but it's still a piece of cloth. Those other flags you mention were just a symbol of hate, nothing else, but cloth nonetheless.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    I said it does have a meaning, it represents good things and bad things, but it's still a piece of cloth. Those other flags you mention were just a symbol of hate, nothing else, but cloth nonetheless.
    good luck with your future campaigning when you refuse to salute that flag.
    Cant we all just get along?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    good luck with your future campaigning when you refuse to salute that flag.
    I know full well my ass would never be elected to any kind of office with my religious beliefs, never around here anyway. Plus I know what goes on in these elections, that did it for me. I'll be working in campaigns, not ever running, people are way too uptight when it comes to something like that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know full well my ass would never be elected to any kind of office with my religious beliefs, never around here anyway. Plus I know what goes on in these elections, that did it for me. I'll be working in campaigns, not ever running, people are way too uptight when it comes to something like that.
    TBH with you whats sad about it is that my uncle went 51/49 as a GOP in atlanta georgia, he is a catholic and lets just say made a ummmm different life choice than most. I dont think people care about this stuff as much as you think they do. I honestly think you would have a chance, people dont care as much about religion as you think but the first time you didnt salute the flag the WTF's would fly.
    Cant we all just get along?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Idc if it's a piece of poop. If it stands for what our flag stands for it deserves EVERYONE to respect it. Just like those other flags are looked badly on.
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milk3 View Post
    Idc if it's a piece of poop. If it stands for what our flag stands for it deserves EVERYONE to respect it. Just like those other flags are looked badly on.
    It's a piece of cloth that people can interpret however they want, it can be a symbol of a great nation or one that has committed a lot of atrocities. I see it as both, either way, it's still a flag and doesn't deserve anything. I reserve all that to those troops, they have all of my respect, not some piece of fabric it took 20 cents to make in some factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    TBH with you whats sad about it is that my uncle went 51/49 as a GOP in atlanta georgia, he is a catholic and lets just say made a ummmm different life choice than most. I dont think people care about this stuff as much as you think they do. I honestly think you would have a chance, people dont care as much about religion as you think but the first time you didnt salute the flag the WTF's would fly.
    Religion is HUGE. While rates have fallen, still 75% are Christian here and the biggest voting block in the country are middle-aged/senior white males - which are overwhelming Christian and very stubborn with their beliefs. Altogether, it's middle-aged/seniors period both male and females, which are overwhelming Christian also. Religion is a HUGE issue with these voters and a very big issue with the average voter no matter what. I heard many bitch about Boucher and he's always been a strong Christian, yet you'll hear "I'm praying for him, I hope he get's right with God" all of the time. I'd have zero chance in this area or most Southern area's, atheists/agnostics are the least trusted religious group in the country, behind muslims and we see the hate and negative attitude towards them here.

I only know of one ever being elected, which was Pete Stark and that was in Cali. Now I believe there are a lot of atheists/agnostics in congress and a lot of Presidents who were, but OPENLY? Ha. Stark is the only one I've heard of, which is in a very liberal state, was just in the House and he didn't openly announce it until he had already spent like 35+ years I think in there. It's a huge, huge, huge issue. I'll never see one elected as a Gov., Senator or POTUS in my lifetime...only more local elections in dark, dark blue states, sparsely at that, as time goes on.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567