Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 in 10 Americans believe in strict creationism?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

4 in 10 Americans believe in strict creationism?

Wow, really unbelievble, 40 is a high percentage - was thinking 10. But wow, how stupid (and yes just because your religions says so, doesn't make it true) can these people be. I see things and think we've come a long way as a nation, but then see studies like this and it voids some of that.

Four in 10 Americans Believe in Strict Creationism

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: 4 in 10 Americans believe in strict creationism?

Are you saying that those that believe in creationism are stupid? Gee, nice to know I am stupid..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am sure it is posted somewhere on here but R13, what do you believe in?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cosmo99 View Post
    Are you saying that those that believe in creationism are stupid? Gee, nice to know I am stupid..
    I'm saying that those who believe in strict creationsim, which is adam/eve 10,000 years ago and all that, is being very stupid. No logical person believes the earth is just 10,000 years old or started from a man/woman in a garden then for matter. But that was strict creationism and yes, very stupid.

And I'm a secular agnostic.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Wow, really unbelievble, 40 is a high percentage - was thinking 10. But wow, how stupid (and yes just because your religions says so, doesn't make it true) can these people be. I see things and think we've come a long way as a nation, but then see studies like this and it voids some of that.

Four in 10 Americans Believe in Strict Creationism

So since they don't agree with you, they are stupid. Fairly arrogant, I would say.

That being said, I don't believe in STRICT Creationism meaning Adam and Eve were the first people on earth. As my understanding of the Bible does not say they were. God created man well before Adam and Eve came along.

You say you are agnostic, and can neither prove nor disprove the existance of God...yet you continually demean those who acknowledge the possibility of God. I'm not trying to get into an argument with you about Evolution vs. Creationism, because it is pointless. You believe what you believe, and I believe what I believe. What I'm trying to say is, simply because you believe a certain way, doesn't mean people who believe another are stupid. People have their own reasons and experiences for believing the way they do.
    You can quote scientific fact after fact, and I can quote scripture and fact, til the sun burns out and when it comes down to it...NOONE can say they are absolutely correct. Yes, even YOU.
    Assume, for the sake of argument, that there is a God for a moment...isn't it possible that he created things in a way that suggested evolution, simply that his people would have to believe solely on FAITH? I said possible, not probable...how could you answer anything but YES to that question? And if you answer NO, then I don't think your mind is quite as open to possibilities as you so frequently brag.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm saying that believing something that isn't true, knowing it isn't true, is stupid. This part isn't a "faith thing", it just didn't happen and these people deep down know we have been here a lot longer than that. Not being arrogant , just in this case I'm right and have mountains of proof that says so, it's just common sense this time.

I never said someone who believes in god is stupid, not close. I know that religion makes you believe a lot stretched things, a lot of things that just didn't happen and aren't possible, but there's no excuse for this many people to accept something that clearly has absolutely no evidence for it whatsoever. Prime example of what I'm talking about when I say it clouds rationality and prevents free-thinking, that's exactly what is happening here.

Well scripture isn't "fact", it's just what it is, scripture - scientific facts are proven and backed up. People can attribute evolution to whatever they want, if you want to say a divine spark set it off, then more power to you. BUT DO NOT try to pass that off as science in schools, intelligent design is not science in places like classrooms, not saying you are but that happens a lot when people do what you just said. Evolution happened, evolution is happening, those are facts...if someone wants to attribute it to a god setting it off, go ahead, that's fine.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I had this whole comment ready to type out but everything I was going to say in it, Shooter already said.
    Saying someone is stupid for believing in something is just well.. stupid. I could say you are stupid for believing in nothing. I could say that you are stupid for PLENTY of things but I don't because those are your beliefs and your choice and I respect that though obviously you don't. That was a very narrow minded thing to post that someone is stupid because they don't believe like you do. Thank GOD we all have different opinions and beliefs.
    Merry CHRISTmas ya'll and have a Blessed and Happy New Year!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Again, I never said anyone was stupid for believing in God, I'm saying it's stupid for believing in something like the earth is 10k years old - that's stupid, they know better and I don't have any sympathy for them. It doesn't come down to a "belief", it comes down to ignoring common sense and facts because a book has that much power over you.

Thinking the earth is 10,000 years old is stupid, sorry, it's not because I "believe the opposite"...it's because the opposite is very clearly true and very logical. I mean you all can say I said something I didn't and stretch it into I'm just saying it because I don't believe it, but I didn't and you know that too - there's just no defending this, so I get why you're doing it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm saying that those who believe in strict creationsim, which is adam/eve 10,000 years ago and all that, is very stupid. No logical person believes the earth is just 10,000 years old or started from a man/woman in a garden then for matter. But that was strict creationism and yes, very stupid.

No, you said that we are stupid for believing in creationism. Plain and simple. Its our belief. Plain and simple. Can't backtrack now R13...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

STRICT CREATIONISM and yes, I do think it is very stupid to believe it and no intelligent person would ever claim strict creationism is true. If I was part of a religion that said 2+2+=5, it wouldn't make it true and I'm not above being called ignorant for it. Sorry, but strict creationism is dumb, just because it's masked in a "holy" book doesn't make it any less dumb.

I'm not backtracking anything, you and shooter are claiming I am calling them dumb because they don't believe what I do or don't believe in god. I'm calling them dumb because they're claiming something very stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast