Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Kudos to Rick Gervais's

He is actually, where the hell are you even getting that? Very well respected. And I said kudo's to him for making a stand and having the balls to say that live in front of millions, some are just pissy because he did and if he hadn't, there would be crickets about his hosting of the entire show.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually, I do know a few things about dark humor. I think a lot of people were really turned off to him the other night because they even think he went too far. There is a fine line between funny and distasteful when using dark humor. He crossed it the other night.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you thought that was close you being dark humor, you don't, dark humor IS mean and really mean stuff. That's not close to dark humor, which isn't some dirty joke btw, he is a dark humorist but he put it best...

"Can't wait for the people who thought it was over the top to see my stand-up shows. F--k me, they will s--t themselves".

That was middle school jokes compared to dark humor and his stand up.

And he's been praised to actually giving a good show, the shows hosts had bombed the past few years and was dull, he was hired to do exactly what he did and most thought he delivered perfectly.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have not heard anyone say he was good other than you. Are you also saying that trying to call out Tom Cruise and John Travolta as being gay scientologist was not a little over the line? Can't deny that was who he was talking about either.
    crack is whack

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyhead View Post
    I have not heard anyone say he was good other than you. Are you also saying that trying to call out Tom Cruise and John Travolta as being gay scientologist was not a little over the line? Can't deny that was who he was talking about either.
    Ricky Gervais' Targets Come to His Defense

The stars he made jokes about came to his aide, as fans, viewers and journalists. There were only a select few that were pissed. And no it wasn't, that's what he was brought there to say, again some of you need to figure out what dark humor is.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Haha if we were in school together I would have gave you enough dark humor that would have made you cry. It was still over the line to call someone out as being gay.

Any other time you would have been defending them.
    crack is whack

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Riiiiight, you can't even grasp what it is let alone carry it out, it comes with some sophisticated jokes...not calling a name or some shit.

They aren't gay, are they? I defend people discriminating against them, not a comedian making a joke.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Riiiight cause your a know it all, you have no idea little feller. Yes name calling is a dark humor, make fun of the disabled, violence and the such is all part of the dark comedy.

Travolta and Tom are considered to swing both ways in hollywood. So yes you should of been defending them.
    crack is whack

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No it's not, you clearly don't understand what it is. It's usually a sophisticated joke, a mean one, but not name calling or straight being cruel to another person - it's not directed at anyone in particular person and done completely sarcastically.

Uh, no they aren't. Where do you even get this shit? You do know what you see on the front of the National Enquirer at the grocery store as some sort of widely accepted view in hollywood or with really anyone that they're bi or gay. I'm hoping you're just grasping to make a weak point and don't actually believe stuff like that regularly.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So making subtle jokes about people with one kind or another issues is all right? Just because is SUPPOSEDLY is not meant to offend anyone it makes it okay. A spade is a spade no matter how you look at it.

The whole bi thing has been going on for years more with Travolta than Cruise. Explain how it was fine to do that joke anyway.
    crack is whack

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast