Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Information

As a lot of people are registering, please check any spam folders you have (all people who have currently have applies have been responded to...as of noon on Friday the 26th). If you have a problem, please email at [email protected]
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

The_Sage

Re: Information

does this apply to NEW REGISTRATION only?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not quite sure I get your question, of course I was very confusing.

Let me try again.

If a new person registers, within 24 hours (hopefully), they will receive an email from [email protected] verifying that the email address they use is valid and that they want to join (to prevent people from using other peoples email addresses). If they don't receive that message, particularly users of hotmail and such which identifies lots of messages as spam, they should check their spam folders to make sure the confirmation message hasn't been moved to spam. If they don't receive any message, they should email [email protected] and it will be verified that they were emailed and we'll try to get to the base of the problem.

It is however recommended that all users use a valid email address. With the possibility of the forum being down, if it ever moves to a new location or anything, it will only be possible to do so, if users have a valid email address in their information.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

I think many didn't think Jim's idea would be so big. Including Jim himself.

I think this is the best thing to do. That way what all is discussed here is kept here unless, you venture to join and read what is here.

Good idea.

Id make everyone use their real name

It is still the internet. No personal information should be given out that you wouldn't want others to know.

I think what Rocketer and others have done is great. Make people join to read and view. And make them have a valid email.
    You have an ip and email and should you be here for the wrong reasons you can be tracked.
    And if your not active in 6 months or 12 months you should be gone.
    It is a forum for discussion from sports to every day life. Not just to be read by anynomous readers, to get information.

Something i wanted to do once as a moderator.
    Other than a valid email and an IP. You don't need any more personal information.
    In today's technology age. You can track any one with an email or an IP address.

Best thing that could of happened. I wanted it about 3 years ago. It takes time though for some of us old farts to be understood.

Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I personally like it. The GMans board changed to this a little while back.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

I think it's great myself. If you ever noticed. At times you would have almost 40 people viewing who just come here to get information.

Yeah but if you run off at the mouth and no one knows your name. Its one thing, I think it would curb many of the problems we had, most people wouldnt act the way they do on here if people knew who they were.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

but still it is the internet. People do crazy things. If they know your name they can find out where you work, where you live, your phone #.........way too much info. You never know who is into what and how dangerous it could be. you see all the time internet predators hurting others especially kids.
    It isn't about trying to "make people act grown up" it is about safety, security and not putting your name out there. Anyone can sign up to look for "victims because the interniet isn't just Wise Co. You see the shows on NBC where 40 year old guys will drive 2 hours to have sex with 13 year old girls only to find out they have been caught. What would keep that from happening? You put your real name out there, some perv in Knoxville finds the board and it has people's real names plastered all over the place. they pick some female and start their stalking. It would be irresponsible to make posters put them selves out there like that.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast