Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Basketball Quiz

Well fellows, I am a new poster and I would like to make a comment on the officiating in Southwest Va. The biggest thing to me is refs talking to fans in the stands during timeouts and halftime. You never, ever make eye contact or chit-chat with fans. Positioning is not to good either. I have seen some refs make calls from the "C" position when the ball is on the other side of the rim, in the paint. That should be the lead ref's call because "C" cannot see through a defender to tell if body or arm contact is made. Some refs take things being said personally. It's just a job. Yes basketball is the hardest sports to ref. You have a split second to make that call, get it right, and get back into the lead or "c" position and get back in the game.
    I never laughed so hard in my life when over at a tournament this past year the refs were doing a very good job. Norton won the game but one poor fan from Norton was yelling so hard about how we were getting screwed in basketball just like in football. Then his wife was repeating everything he said. Funny stuff. I think fans think that just because they pay their 5-6 dollars they have the right to say anything they want to an official, well technically you do but if you could just tape yourself and listen maybe you would change your mind about yourself. If you think the officiating is that bad, get a whistle and become an official. Make a change and a difference. I'll be around.

Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Something else I want to say. As far as clinics go, we have to attend 6 clinics, one state clinic, one association clinic, and ref three scrimmages before we are allowed on the court besides take a supervised 100 true and false question exam. I do not know the procedures are used here in S.Va.
    Coaching box- I do not care where a coach stands along the sideline as long as he is not in front of the scorekeeper desk or on the court interfering. When he starts telling me how to ref, the box gets a little smaller
    3 seconds-Chicken-Crap Call. I hardly ever make a 3 second call. If you are in the lane moving, one foot in one foot out and not camping or holding the ball in the lane, I do not care how long you stay in the lane. Most people do not understand that as long as there is shots being made on goal, you can stay in that lane for the whole game if you want. Sometimes I will be counting 3 seconds and make it to two and I here "call three seconds, you gotta call three seconds!" Know what happens, I lose count. Same thing happens for five seconds. [censored] interference!! LOL!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So obviously the solution is ....dress up in the colors of the opponent, sit on their side, and yell 3 seconds or 5 seconds the whole game and your team wont get called for anything.....lol
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    4. Team A deflects a pass out of bounds (and in the backcourt) through the baseline of Team B. After being handed the ball from the official, a player from Team B runs down the baseline to get a better passing angle. The official calls a traveling violation. Is this the correct decision?

Yes
    No

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a traveling violation. It is simply a violation and the official should not signal traveling.

Inactive Member imported_Rocket Scientist's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    4. Team A deflects a pass out of bounds (and in the backcourt) through the baseline of Team B. After being handed the ball from the official, a player from Team B runs down the baseline to get a better passing angle. The official calls a traveling violation. Is this the correct decision?

Yes
    No

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a traveling violation. It is simply a violation and the official should not signal traveling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your are absolutely correct Sportsman. Not a travel.... It's a throw-in violation. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here are the answers to the bb quiz:

1. is number 1
    2. is number 3
    3. 91 (Pro Basketball)
    4. no
    5. no
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

on question number 2, i thought you could also sub after a made second shot...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123