Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Disrobeing coach

Exactly what I was thinking. I remember being the "star" on Friday night and being yelled at on Sat. morning when we had to ref. the rec games at Carnes. It was probably the best thing that could have happened to me, because when I started coaching I was always more worried about how my team was performing, rather than how bad the refs were screwing us. Everybody who gripes about officiating should have to endure ALL the crap that refs have to go through. And, not many will even acknowledge when they have done a good job.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The third technical called the other night was when the coach asked for an explanation for the 2nd one. He stood up and asked why the 2nd one was called and the ref called the third one. All 3 were called before the coach had thrown his jacket.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I heard Pound's jv game on 2/5/7 vs PV went smooth. Did anybody see it? Were the refs any good? What was the score? Did anybody get T'd or not? <font color="red"> </font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Refs were fine. Had a 3 man crew for some reason. One of the first JV games I've seen this year with a 3 man crew.

PV won by 9. Got up early 15-5 but Pound cut it to 19-14 at the half. After 3 it was 19-19 and Pound took a 2 point lead with 4 minutes left, but PVs athleticism took over down the stretch and free throws made the game a 9 point game.

No technicals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12