Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Disrobeing coach

Is it true that the refs may make a team forfit if there coach takes off his coat or tie in an attemp to "Show Up" the Refs? (Have a hard time beliveing it given all the times I have seen this done by Stan Wilson [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Disrobeing coach

If that is a rule, it of course would only be called on a new or younger coach. Never on a long time coach like Wilson.

Kind of reminds me several years back in baseball when Clintwoods baseball coach got tossed for doing probably 1/3 of what I had seen Shupe do almost every game

Hopefully, for Pounds JV coach, Kevin Mays wasn't there from the coalfield. He wrote a rather smart toned piece in the paper after that about our baseball coach, always wondered why there was never one on Shupe....
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know of no such rule.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really have no clue and since I was not there I am getting this info 2nd hand it is VERY possable that the forfit is due to something else entirely

Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The coach should have been gone after the second t. Not sure how the incident took place but no more than two t's should have been given, then the forfeit given if the coach refused to leave the gym in a timely matter with no other t's being given.
    Players and coaches could get thrown out of any game after only ONE "t" for any unsportsmanlike conduct. (Like cursing at an official). Ref's decision. If this was the first incident, I wouldn't have thrown the coach out of the game for just throwing his jacket. It's his reaction after you "t" him up that decides if he gets a second 't". I believe that the right call was made. The coach was showing his a@@ and that should not and will not be tolerated in high school athletics.
    Just to put my two cents worth in here. As far as Pound and Clintwood rival goes. Last year Clintwood did nothing wrong by droping two varsity players down to play jv. You are allowed so many games to play at the varsity level before you are refused entry into a jv game. They were in 10th grade and you can use 11 grade players as well, not healthy, athletic seniors though. You can use seniors if their mental and physical capacity does not allow them to play at the varsity level. In the years past, from what I have seen 3/4 of Clintwood's teams needs to play jv anyway.
    Playing down happens everywhere else in the state.

Inactive Member
    Disrobeing coach

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A lot of times there`s things said and done that the fans don`t see/hear. I'm not saying who was right and wrong, because frankly I'm not sure what caused the technical, because I was not there. I know I'm pretty easy going unless a coach directs a comment to/at/about me. Something that also doesn`t go over good is a coach constantly whining over calls. There`s just some places you go everytime the other team touches the ball it`s suppposed to be a walk, and everytime their team touches the ball it should be a foul. This coaches team could take 4 steps before dribbling and he would argue the call up and down as if he were putting on a show. A lot of times when this occurs you will see a warning given to the coach.
    Some coaches try to make up for lack of coaching skills by constantly staying on the refs for every little thing. You see this a lot with younger ages.
    my favorite warning is "that`s enough I don`t sit here and tell you how to coach."
    [img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/rayscheer159/rolltide.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My favorite warning is ..... If your going to officate, Im going to start calling your plays.

Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My favorite warning is: "here's my whistle, now give me your clipboard." Haven't used it yet but could have a few times [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Inactive Member imported_Just_wandering's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A coach can get three T's if he refuses to leave the gym and an official can stop the game, but just because a coach takes off his jacket does not allow an official to stop the game. Sometimes we as officials make mistakes just like players and coaches do but we get more gripe than anybody else.

Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    A coach can get three T's if he refuses to leave the gym and an official can stop the game, but just because a coach takes off his jacket does not allow an official to stop the game. Sometimes we as officials make mistakes just like players and coaches do but we get more gripe than anybody else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good answer and you also made a good point there at the end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast