Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New question

I know that a coach must be seated in the Box in order to stand in the box however if the coach does not want to stand up the coach does not have to be seated in the box.

My question is after a T on a coach when they have lost there standing privlage does the coach have to sit in the box even though they can no longer stand and pre T that was the only limatation on non box sitters

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: New question

My head hurts. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/arcadefreak.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As long as they are sitting I do not think it matters because they cannot get up after the T.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL good answer on the head hurts

We were talking about this, in reference to the Pound/Clintwood JV game.

A coach has standing privledges, and the box. If they sit, they have to be in the box, they cant sit 6 miles down the bleachers, get mad and walk up to the box to complain and then back.

A coach gets technical which means they lose their standing privledges and use of the coaching box so at that point, should it really have mattered where the coach went and sat? I mean if Pounds JV coach had wanted to, couldnt he have went and sat in the tenth row eating a hot dog, as long as he didnt stand up or anything.

I realize that doing something big like that would be showing an official up, but by the same token, should they really care where he went and sat? As long as he sat and didnt stand up? That's where I was saying, at least from the way it sounds, that the official provoked the additional T's.

Not just trying to down officials, although I'm sure some of you think I am [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Honestly I hope that this board will be a way for officials to see mistakes they made (if they make them *lol*) and for fans to find out that they were wrong about the way they interpet a rule [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought a coaches seat to begin with had to be within the marked distance for the coaching box?

My head hurts too. Thank God I don't call bball! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is more to this than what you all are mentioning. The coach was whacked the second time because he wasnt seated on the bench. He was kneeling on the floor. The coaching box rule says he has to be seated on the bench. It doesnt matter if he is in the box. He just has to remain seated during live ball play as long as he is on the bench. Kneeling is not covered and does not apply or replace sitting. Virginia has adopted the privilage that allows coaches to stand in the box. Some states go by the NFHS rule that states that a coach does not have the privilage to stand and coach. Maybe Virginia should take the privilage of standing away from coaches and then stuff like this would not happen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is where it gets into he said/she said [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Your saying he the coach wasn't seated but kneeling
    they are saying that the coach was seating

We need film LOL
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Right again, Rock! Im just going on what is being said in the officals back channels. From what I gather, what was written on the report says that the coach was kneeling. So yes, game film would be nice and Im sure that the VHSL will want the tape. If the tape backs up what the offical wrote on the report. Pound High School and the police will be in big trouble.

Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I Have to question what the police were doing if they refused to preform there duty......The more I hear about the situation the bigger the mess seems to be.

Could the VHSL allow the AOA to refuse to officate another game at Pound?

Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad I do not officiate basketball either. The sounds of things there needs to be a mediator come in and try to get everyone on the right page.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast