I do not know what VA. state clinic mandated areas of interest were this year but in North Carolina, the director of officials has mandated cleaning up the post play.
Any time a defender puts a forearm into an offensive man, on the post or out front, it is a foul. NO WARNINGS!!
An offensive man can no longer raise his elbow or use his forearm to post up a defensive man. OFFENSIVE FOUL! NO WARNINGS!!
If an offensive and defensive man intangle or lock up after a free throw, DOUBLE FOUL! NO WARNINGS!
An offensive man can only SQUARE his body in front of a defender, he cannot move the defender off a spot the defender has established position on. OFFENSIVE FOUL! NO WARNINGS!
I hope the car is warm when I leave the gym. This could be a death sentence for some officials. LOL! All these big redneck fans around here are going to go ape-sh*t!
I know they want to clean it up but damn...this is going to be tough the first few weeks. The biggest thing will be consistentance on both ends. The coaches know the changes since they are required to attend the meetings as well.
I have to admit, I still play 2-3 times a week and pushing and shoving in the post is how I survived on the court. If I played now with officials, I would not last 1 quarter.
Reasoning: "Officials enforce the rules of basketball, they are not coaches. Pushing and shoving is used by players to gain the advantage on another player. Anyone that uses aggressiveness to gain the advantage is in violation of the rules. Aggressive play in the post has ruined the game of basketball and leads to aggressive play in other theatres of play. North Carolina has some of the best talent in basketball and we have the best training for officials in the country and you WILL stop this kind of basketball. If you do not have the courage to put air in the whistle and stop the aggressive play in the post, we will find someone who can!"

GOD HELP US!

This one I agree on; NO HOTDOGGING, TRASH TALKING, INTIMIDATING or ANY UNSPORTSMANLIKE ACTION....including dunking and pointing at an opposing team...results- TECHNICAL FOUL, AUTOMATIC EJECTION, annnnnnnd a TWO GAME SUSPENSION.