Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: I Got One For You For-Basketball-Change of Possession

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Albert E</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This area has some of the best officials in the state
    </div></div>

th laughinghard1th laughinghard1th laughinghard1th laughinghard1th laughinghard1th laughinghard1th laughinghard1

th laughinghard1th laughinghard1th laughinghard1th laughinghard1th laughinghard1th laughinghard1th laughinghard1

Spoken like someone who considers themselves to be 'one of the best in the state'.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I find it odd that all these guys who were on here chirping about the rules and how good of refs they were have shutup real quick. I think it's pretty bad when a fan has to go to a rulebook to show a rule to a ref. To me that shows the quality of the officiating in the area.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

89.76% of basketball referees are in it just for the fame (or lack thereof).

Mack Shupe
    Steve Honaker

Two right off the top of my head who absolutely MUST be the center of attention. Consistancy isn't their strong point.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you'd be close to say 99% of the officials around here do it for the fame and none of them are worth a [censored]!!!

you got the ones that go suck up to the commisioner that gets the good games while some of your better officials refuse to do that and get stuck going all over gods creation and having to put up with more [censored] than its worth!

reffing around here is pathetic.........

and you all can say put a shirt on and ref basketball?

i don't want to do it, if i did........i'd go take the test and get certified......but i'll just sit back and watch how awful it continues to be around this area, and if the commisioner of the aoa will start watching the games and see what goes on, and how awful some of these officials are.....and why people continue to complain when you have all the dik suckers going to the good games everynight...........some of these guys im sure are gonna get tired of it, and just do away with helping the aoa at all!

Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg!!!

Inactive Member imported_coach d's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It team A has thrown ball in bounds and it is legally touched(kicked) by Team B then why would possession arrow not be changed. Team A would still be inbounding ball with possession arrow pointing toward Team B. If not this is not legal possession(when the ball is kicked) then why is it not a Technical or why would the possession arrow not change after Team A is given the ball back out of bounds to try to in bound again? If possession arrow does not change on this situation then what about a 5 second violation? If Team A never in bounds ball then would possession arrow change then?

Inactive Member imported_aoaofficial's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kicking is not legally touching nor is it possession.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Then why does the rule book say that the arrow changes on a violation or when the ball is legally touched? They tinkered with the wording on that rule this year and I think all it's done is cause mass confusion.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The arrow does not change on a defensive violation..just an offensive violation. Think I may have said something earlier about how it does not change on offensive violation also (like 5 seconds or touching the inside part of the boundry line). That is wrong. Arrow changes on offensive violation. Team B receives ball at the spot of interruption plus the arrow points to them.

When you get the ball, your turn is over. If you hold it too long, throw it away- it still was your ball. If the other team kicks it, or fouls the in-bounding team- you still have the ball. Why is this so hard for everyone to understand?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456