Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: honaker as a ref is a not so good

Amen brother!! What did he do this time?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He has been that way for as long as I can remember.
    Success is never final;
    Failure is never fatal;
    It is courage that counts.

Inactive Member imported_aoaofficial's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You guys are stepping over the line here. If you think that something needs to be done, get in touch with Mr. Altizer.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aoaofficial</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are stepping over the line here. If you think that something needs to be done, get in touch with Mr. Altizer. </div></div>

th laughinghard1th laughinghard1th laughinghard1th laughinghard1th laughinghard1th laughinghard1

That's a good one.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe if it had been said about the entire bball officiating crew in the AOA it would have been a more accurate description that couldn't have been taken offense to by anyone, including aoaofficial.

AOA's basketball officiating as a whole is terrible. I went to go watch my future bro-in-law play JV bball on Saturday, and both the girls and boys games were so terribly done that I was ultimately distracted from the game and dumbfounded at how horrible the calls being made were, and how obvious the non-calls that weren't made were.

Don't give me the crap about the rule book, JV teams not being good so it's hard for officials to call a good game w/bad teams, or that I should sign up and do it myself. I've heard all that before. Why not man up, pull up your bootstraps as a whole and get better at what your association gets PAID to do. I choose not to do it, but those who choose to do it owe it to everyone else to do a good job, not just show up and run up & down the court and take home their pay from the school for doing a crappy job.

I can say this--if I did the quality of work at my job that the AOA officials do in officiating basketball, then I wouldn't have to worry about being paid or even criticized, having my poor feelings being hurt--because I'd be out of a job real damn quick.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Which game did you see Saturday?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've said the same things for years Cane and doesn't get any better. In the last two minutes of regulation and overtime at the PV/Appy game they called an over the back (which I know it's not in the rule book, so it's a push) and a moving screen (which had been going on all night) for the first time in the game. They also called a technical foul and an intenional foul which all helped decide the outcome of the game. The nonsense that went on up at JJK?PV last week is a joke, I heard the officials called and apologized to PV not sure if thats true or not but both games were really decided on two technical foul calls that imo were in result of the officials not wanting to call anything until the players got heated. You get used to it after a while, I just sat and laughed at PV/Appy the other night, the sad thing is these guys will be officiating the District and Regional Tournaments.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If we want to talk about how bad the officiating was with PV-JJK don't forget how bad it was at PV as well. Kalen Collins was the victim of one of the most blatant clips that I have ever seen [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif[/img] If PV gets an apology,then you may as well send one to every school in the distric,because in every single game this year,foks have been bitching about the refs,and rightly so. The basketball refs in this area are atrocious.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hate to say this about other officials, but I have to agree that he is one who is just out for the self glorification and the paycheck. Being unable to umpire any this year, I, for one will be looking a lot closer at the level of officiating at games this spring.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast