Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: honaker as a ref is a not so good

I just think a blocked shot in the LPD (from the past, Im not sure as of now) is like finding a T-Rex. It just doesnt happen. Foul is called 90% of the time.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

shhhhhh!!...don't you know there isn't such a thing as dinos?!?!?!
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yankeebaseball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just think a blocked shot in the LPD (from the past, Im not sure as of now) is like finding a T-Rex. It just doesnt happen. Foul is called 90% of the time. </div></div>

You had about as many blocked shots as I did ybball, we could probably count both ours on one hand.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had 2, lol. And its been almost 10 years haha, I still remember them, 1 on Sandy Rose and 1 on Tim Clay. Still, as a fan (especially watching Erik Bolling) he gets called for fouls that arent fouls. Granted he does hammer enough people that I know refs anticipate it and call it.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had a few. I remember Justin Hamilton putting one of them about 6 rows up at Clintwood. Oh you meant the one doing the blocking of the shot. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Nevermind, count me out.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have tried to not down the officials this year. I've been very good about it, and even defended them a few times this year. I have actually seen some decent called games, but I have seen a few that left me scratching my head or worse.

Honestly this year, I think we've had Honaker twice (maybe three times), and his games have been better than most. He may sometimes look for his glory, but he's generally consistent, which is all I ask for.

I can deal with someone just sucking at the job, if they suck consistently. I don't know how the coaches coach, when your players don't know what is going to be called one half to the next. You'll see every hand on a person called one half, and the next half, it reminds you of seeing your players mugged in Central park and the cops eating their donuts.

I do appreciate that we don't have a great deal of good basketball being played around here. It sucks because I love to see good basketball, and the kids who play around here think they can touch a basketball during basketball season and be good. It's not just at one school, it seems to be an epidemic. It used to be on the outdoor courts in the area, you would have people lined up to play everyday that was fairly pretty. I've seen the courts be shoveled off so people could play. Now, if you make them practice 30 minutes late, they act like you're killing them. It seems like so long ago when you had to run the kids out of the gym after practice, and this was football stars, baseball stars or whatever the case. The year that Clintwood and Pound were both good, those kids loved to play. Council, loved to play. Haysi was practicing 10 minutes after their season was over. It goes on and on. Now you have a kid who can play, he's definitely the exception, not the rule.

Ok got off topic there for a minute, sorry about that. So I adjusted the topic, sorry, I wasn't on much the last day or so, migraines have been killing me. I'll fix it so the other mods can edit this board.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AOA Offical is 100 percent correct. You want change..... Get the principles off the board and let the officals run it. Here are the advantages to this......
    1.You wont have officials sucking up to coaches for post season tournament votes.
    2. You will have a commissioner that will be out watching the officals instead of cherry picking games.
    3. There will be mandatory clinics to attend before you step onto the court.
    You all have complained about the officals and you had your chance last year to do something about it....... Well,,, here is your chance. Put up or shut up.

Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not saying that you may not be right but how will getting the principles off the board do ANYTHING with #2 and #3?

Not saying that the principals should of should not be on the board BUT I have heard several of them bad mouthing several of the officials IF they have that much sway how is it nothing ever happens to those guys?

I do agree that IF your 3 points can be achieved (by whatever means) then the AOA as a whole will be better for it

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

#2 would be taken care of because the officals would not allow an assigning commissioner to assign himself games, #3 would be taken care of b/c the officals want to give the kids a good game. But when you have zero support from above, whats the use?
    Tell me one thing that the AOA board has done to promote better officiating? All I have seen from the board is that you can garantee that either Altizer, Hurst, Brown or Yost goes to the State Finals to officiate. This year is a bonus year. Not just one of his private entourage is going but 2. Hurst and Phillips are going. Jr. Salyers was picked but turned it in. Good for him!

Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You may be right I don't know enough about the inner workings of the organization to say much one way or the other BUT I don't think that the AOA does a bad job in Football or Base/Softball but could do MUCH better job in basketball if the whole thing was in the toilet I would be more in favor of a total overhaul.

Getting the Principals off the board MAY be the best thing that the AOA and region could do but I worry about the lack of oversight if that were to happen it COULD be the foxes guarding the hen house.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast