Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question for all you referees or anyone?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Question for all you referees or anyone?

No no for a one point safety.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't know you've lost me somewhere. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I lose myself when I talk about that one point safety. If you call that in a game be prepared to fight someone on the way out, some things require common sense imo. Like keeping the flag in when the ball is overthrown by 15 yards, that is just something you do not call.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I understand what you are saying, but this isn't the NFL or NCAA either though. If the ball is overthrown like that, theres no reason for a defender to be making contact either.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've seen stuff I just don't understand, and never will. Refs calling technicals on coaches 2 minutes into the game, a ref calling a block in the back 25 yards away from the play, etc. I just wouldn't call it and don't see the point in it. The one point safety falls in that category imo.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The one point safety is a 1 in a million play, but it has its purpose. Most of us will never see it.

Most of the times a ref throwing a flag 25 yards away is one of three reasons. First, it is a cheapshot on a long play, or second, their too slow, or got caught up behind a play, or three, their just not doing their job properly and watching the wrong area of the field.

Inactive Member
    Question for all you referees or anyone?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I mightve got you confused. I used the ball being fumbled and laying on the ground in my play situation I explained to you.
    [img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/rayscheer159/rolltide.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On a attempt to recover a fumble I don't see how y'all are using "muff" as an example. To me a muff is when someone tries to field a kick and makes contact with the ball but not a catch....and I don't see where that applies to a fumble recovery.....that's not a set play or attempt..it's a free for all.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But even during a free for all as you put it, you can apply force to the ball. If you as the defense "force" a loose ball into the end zone you better force it back out or you are giving up 2 points or a TD if you dont recover. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if a ball is laying on the 2, and a defensive player dives towards the ball and gets hit on his way down, and his shoulder pad knocks the ball into the endzone where it is recovered by the defense...that's a touchback...anyother call is punishing a good defensive play..and if it were my team the refs ears would be bleeding before he got away from me..
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast