Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Basketball Question

What is the rule in regards to changing shooters in between technical fouls? I'm really ignorant to the rule and looking for some help.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Basketball Question

How do you mean and I'll try to help find an answer on that one?
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Switching the technical foul shooter in between shots, like one kid shoots the first one, then another kid shoots the second technical shot.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Inactive Member imported_bballgal42's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Saw this happen at JJ Kelly this past Tuesday night. Kelly player shot the first technical shot and missed and then the coach inserted another player to shoot the second technical shot.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, that is where my question is derived from. I really have no clue to what the rule is, everyone from Lee High went nuts though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can't say that I have seen that before either.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've looked and looked for an answer to this question but can't find anything. I would assume though, since you can pick anyone to shoot the free throws, since it is not a foul taken by a particular player, then you can legally have to different shooters.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thats pretty much all I've found. Nobody really is 100% sure on it, I've asked a couple refs and a coach.

Inactive Member imported_bballgal42's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When that play happened, I actually thought that they called a foul on a player from Lee to begin with. Then a Lee player threw the ball off a Kelly player, like you do when you are trying to prevent the ball going out of bounds off of you and that is when they called the technical. I thought that several years ago - when a technical was called on a player, was it not one shot and the ball and when the technical was called on the bench, that was when it was two shots? I thought now that all technicals were two shots. I am pretty sure that both teams were in the Bonus when this happened - so the player that the foul was committed against shot the free throw and missed it and then the player that the coach chose to shoot the technical took his shot.

Of course I could be totally wrong on all of this.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't know all the answers, but I believe that all technical fouls are two shot fouls. I know, for sure, that the player at whom the ball was thrown was #15 (Clark). #20 (Sproles) shot the first technical foul shot (He was the coach's choice, probably because he is a senior). When he missed, the coach called #15 back to shoot the second, which he subsequently made. By the way, the Lee player wasn't throwing the ball to keep from going out of bounds or anything of the sort, but rather in anger because the Kelly player had fouled him. I.e. he simply lost his composure. The Lee player shot his foul shots before the technicals were taken.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast