Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rules on Rain

and a few other things....

1) Is there any ammount of Rain that can stop a football game while its in progress? Not lighting, just rain .

2) Same w/ Snow

3) Which guys is assigned to keeping track of the time the Offense has to get the play off(25 seconds) Is it the guy behind the Offense or the Defense? The guy who starts the arm chopping motion at 5 seconds to go? Which guy does that?

4) Why is it illegal for a coach to go past the 25 yard line? is there something specific... or thats just the way it is?
    [IMG]http://he-man.us/Innovations/He-ManGifs/SkeletorYellBig1.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Rules on Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    and a few other things....

1) Is there any ammount of Rain that can stop a football game while its in progress? Not lighting, just rain .

2) Same w/ Snow

3) Which guys is assigned to keeping track of the time the Offense has to get the play off(25 seconds) Is it the guy behind the Offense or the Defense? The guy who starts the arm chopping motion at 5 seconds to go? Which guy does that?

4) Why is it illegal for a coach to go past the 25 yard line? is there something specific... or thats just the way it is?
    No amount. It can be postponed by game administration if the field is unsafe. Same deal with snow.

The Back Judge (deep buy behind defense) is who handles the 25 second clock. He will give the 5 second warning for delay, unless the field is utilizing a visual game clock.

If you remember back in the day when we played teams & coaches were only allowed from the 30 to 30. Around 03 I think, it was expanded to the 25s. Its a simple boundary to restrict teams from wondering down into areas that do not need any interference.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08