Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hack a Shack Rule

Why is it that when a player has a size advantage and that person goes up for a shot, the defender is allowed to launch their body into the bigger player to disrupt the shot without a foul being called, but when the smaller player goes up for a shot against the bigger player and initiates the contact a foul is called before the shot even goes up. I watched over 50 games this year in High School ball and the calls always went against the bigger player and for the smaller player.
    This is not fair in the least to either one of the players because every ref calls it differently.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hack a Shack Rule

I wouldnt say thats true, I just watched mostly LPD games on the HS side, but I watch UVa-Wise, big time college and NBA ball and thats not always the case. Dwight Howard at the NBA level, guys like Sullinger, JaJuan Johnson and Joseph at Syrcause, Thompson at Texas, and PVs Vernon all shot quite a few free throws. A lot of the time, bigger defenders get fouls because smaller players cant stop them with good defense because of the size and resort to fouling
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hack a Shack Rule

Not true for girls bball. Just look at kelly's big twins....I watched several of their games and most of the games I watched they got hacked to death by smaller players and went to the line maybe 2 or 3 times a game if that. But in most of their games I saw they were getting called for fouls before the contact by some of the refs and I won't name any of them. Every game I saw and especially the battle game was called for the smaller players. They were smacking and hoding the bigs everytime they got the ball down low but only shot one free throw each. The whistle was blowing before any contact was made against the bigs on the other end and by a ref who always seemed to be behind the play just anticipating a foul and giving the benefit to the smaller player.