Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glad to see that Kevin will be making it to Chiller this June.
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

92 years old! Kevin ROCKS! I get tired just watching him do his stuff!

He's got a nifty limited release he's bringing with him to Chiller, a 2 CD 90 minute Vintage Radio Show Collection on CD starring his esteemed self. Eagerly awaiting my copy. Haven't got mine yet. Whatd'ya think?

Cheers,
    Rocky

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

VINTAGE radio!??!

I'm giving another WHOOOPP-DDEEE-freakin-DOOO right now (and that's not a 'sacrastic' exclamation either).

They're not played often, but a local talk-radio station gives a few hours to "When Radio Was", and I never miss it! Just using speech and minimal sound-FX, excellent comedies, mysteries and sci-fi was produced. Helped me realize that you don't have to SEE what's happening to know exactly what's happening. And in many cases, the minds-eye creates much better settings than anything the Lucas Ranch could throw money at.

OK. At least one purchase that weekend has already been settled. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a nice man. Kevin was so happy I was NOT another fan who only knew him from Body Snatchers, signed my copy of the double-CD "Old-Time Radio" and gave me a signed picture from "Big Hand For A Little Lady". He's generous to a fault, so slipped a little extra to the woman handling his money. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    23 1

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey all-
    Just thought i'd add my two cents about Mr. McCarthy... I have been a fan since seeing him in "Twilight Zone: The Movie".. so I went online to learn more about the man.. I found this site and saw that I could purchase autographed pix and immediately ordered one. Now here's the great part: He not only sent me ONE, he sent THREE 8x10's and TWO collector cards!!! That was astonishing to me, because I've gotten some autographed stuff through the mail before from other stars- but NOTHING like this. This man quite apparently loves and appreciates his fans... THAT is a true rarity. I wish him a very happy birthday with many happy returns of the day- and best of luck in all his future endeavors. Thanks again, Kevin!!