Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Saw WAR OF THE WORLDS last Saturday, but didn't know if anyone is still interested in doing those current-movie comments anymore.

Trouble is, am a bit tied-up at the moment, so will start a notepad review shortly & post it here later tonight.

Anyone else see it yet?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Definitely interested! Just been so busy I haven't seen any movies for MONTHS other than my Blockbuster net membership rentals.

Went to the movies yesterday and saw Star Wars...wanted to catch that before it left theatres, so next up are Batman and WotW...I'm so p'd that I missed Hitchhikers Guide and Sin City!

Looking forward to your review.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really did enjoy the movie (Much more so than Star Wars III). But anything with this gigantic of a hype-tornado behind it is just pleading for any & all mistakes & continuity-errors to be brought forward.

!~SPOILERS~!

...Like the digi-handicam working moments after the alien EMP, or Tom's punk kid surviving a wall 'o flame which incinerated everything other side of the hill. Oh yeah, Tom Cruise throws a baseball like a little bitch.

CGI should only be used for landscapes & architecture, not characters. Like the wolves in 'The Day After Tomorrow', the CGI aliens in WotW didn't work, killing my suspension of disbelief. Besides, the design of their heads was simply a cross between ID4 and something which would rather munch Reeces Pieces & play with a Speak-N-Spell.

Hint to the aliens; when vacationing, don't drink the water (especially not from rusty pipes in basements). Bring bottled next time.

Something odd struck me couple days ago. The tripod 'dust-o-mizing' ray-beams tore through anything (so one couldn't hide behind a wall, vehicle or building to be safe), living flesh turned to ash in a fraction of a second, BUT victims clothes remained unscathed fluttering in the breeze. What!? All that, and it wasn't even Humans or Earth the aliens wanted, but our laundry!!

Hehee, I bet they've been scouting Earth for years, hiding recon missions behind washing machines across the globe, snatching those socks which go missing every couple weeks, until they were finally ready for "OPERATION: PANTY RAID".