Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, some of us might have sat thru the first two episodes of the Battlestar Galactica series on SciFi last night. For those who did, I FEAR that series...

My fears; it'll become the same boring dramas that always plagued Stargate, and will lose my interest in the first half of year-one's series. Also on the 'somewhat-downside', have never heard about Galactica 1980 before, as I had the entire season compiled into a single movie called "Conquest of the Earth", very confusing. The acting & SFX in 'Galactica 1980' were below-par from the original series, and there was no sign of Starbuck or Apollo (until the very final episode "The Return of Starbuck" for a special appearance by Dirk Benedict (is that his name?)).

Back to the new series... I fear it's going to get mired in personal dramas & become a spacy soap-opera, rather than Sci-Fi with poinant dramatic elements.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love it so far. I've been dying for a decent new sci-fi series, as Enterprise sucks, and so do both Stargate shows. I am cautiously optimistic and looking forward to future eps. I only caught the few odd eps of the original series, so it's not like I'm hyper geeking over the changes and such.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

I'm loving it so far!

Didn't get to see the whole thing, but with Adama bitching out Starbuck...I knew he was going to get nasty on her, but was praying he wouldn't...her reactions were beautiful, if not entirely *honest* to life. It brought me to tears. Loved it. What the hell happened at the end???

Fozzy? Fozzy? Fozzy? Fozzy? Fozzy?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was first-half of a 2-parter. In the end, Starbuck & a Cylon ship crash land on an alien planet. Heard rumors it's 'loosely' based on the very last "Galactica 1980" episode, The Return of Starbuck.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GREAT episode last Friday! I'm understanding now why they did the gender switch with several of the main characters...the dynamic between them is quite powerful. It's better than having the women merely be bystanders and window dressing. This Starbuck is a very cool character.

Funny to see Richard Hatch on the previous ep. His dream finally came true, I guess...he gets to relive his glorious past. He's been a rather pathetic convention regular for a lot of years...always going on about how they should make a BSG movie for him to star in. Ugh. Not sure how I feel about his appearance in this show...the speech about Apollo's name made me somewhat ill...so self-congratulatory.

Thoughts?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hatch was never a draw-card for me attending a convention, so missed his commentary.

At first, feared BSG would turn into the same borefests Enterprise (now cancelled) and Stargate (both SG1 and Atlantis) have become. Christ, now that I think of it, ST: Voyager needs to be cancelled too....

But, the BattleStar Galactica series on Sci-Fi is turning into a very watchable series. I only hope they don't end it all suddenly like fuckin Farscape! Then what, wait three years for them to 'maybe' make a TV-movie 'finale'?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damn! I missed tonight's BSG episode! What happened?!?!

Voyager? That show's been over for like a decade, hasn't it? I loved that show, We don't even get reruns out here. [img]frown.gif[/img] It's a Star Trek starved town, Hollywood...every time I go to NYC I keep Trek on the TV all night long...no such luxury here.

No commentary from Hatch, it was scripted dialog I was referring to. Somewhat nauseating.

Reved, have you seen Firefly? Fucking mind-blowingly awesome. The entire series run is available in 1 DVD set...only 13 eps. I never saw it on TV, but recently bought the thing at Wallmart due to numerous suggestions. Would love to discuss it with you, but don't want to ruin it before you see it. I had to watch the first few a couple of times before I "got it", now I think it may be the best sci-fi series ever done. Try to see it and spend some time with it! Want to hear what you think.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Never seen Firefly before. Noticed a commercial or two, but bad timing kept me from seeing any of them, suddenly the series was gone. Outa sight outa mind.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ran across THIS post on a different MBD service. It's a frickin hilaroius MST3K-spin on the death of 'ST-Enterprise'.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, it's unfortunate. Unfortunate that Enterprise is unwatchable. And I'm a hardcore Trek fan.