Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [b]Welcome Friends - to the brand new Kevin McCarthy Message Boards! Kevin will be popping by from time to time to chat, answer your questions, and share news. Please register so you can join in. Feel free to start your own topics!

You'll notice that you can upload your own avatar here (like my space dog?), add silly little icons [img]graemlins/sheep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cat.gif[/img] and add html code to make your text really <font color="red">STAND OUT!</font>
    [b]
    You can even add photos to your message like this:
    <c>cc kmccarthy</c>

I'll be your moderator, if you have any questions or problems with the board you can either post them here or Email me at - [email protected]

Ok, have fun!
    ~Rocky
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#339900" size="1">[ November 05, 2003 07:55 PM: Message edited by: rocketmaster ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Greetings! Welcome to hostboard! Best wishes starting a community/group. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Movie fan? Oh yeah!! Especially sci-fi/horror (cold-war paranoia really beat-out sci-fi in BodySnatchers for me though, less-than-nice twist on Day The Earth Stood Still), but am going to nip that tangent in the bud. I could blab for pages & pages about some flicks.

Question - You're moderator of all the music boards connected to rocketcityrecords (David Hess, Cherie Currie, Rocket City, not sure how many more are floating around), but Kevin McCarthy apparently doesn't work with music or soundtracks. How is rocketcityrecords affiliated with Kevin?

You a movie fan too, eh? [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#339900" size="1">[ October 26, 2003 04:45 PM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Thank you Reved!
    I recognize you from our David Hess boards too. You must be a movie fan, huh?

I tried to get Kevin's "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" at two different DVD stores yesterday, all sold out. It's a biggie for Halloween apparently. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, it's really because all those people you mentioned are friends either because they've worked together before, or met on the film festival / convention circuit. (Cherie and Kevin were in Twilight Zone: The Movie together, she was the girl with "no mouth"!)

There's another board we just started that's even more seemingly off topic than this. The Conscious Cafe which is about eating disorders. Rocket City just helped them release a 4 CD spoken word collection. Some RCR music was used in the production and we did the CD artwork too. Feel free to visit us over there as well! [img]wink.gif[/img] Since I've pretty much just been talking to myself, I've posted a whole bunch of food jokes that are pretty funny, go look!
    The Conscious Cafe .org

Anyway, I definitely WANT to hear you rant about films. I'm more Sci-fi than horror meself, and I'm fascinated with all the different visions of cold war inspired apocolyptic nightmares that have been portrayed in film and in books over the years. What are your faves?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since this board's designated FOR Kevin McCarthy, and a lot of my movie review/comments are for lost/forgotten [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img] few people have even heard about (much less seen), tend to keep them confined to my own board (in my sig, viewable in the first post I made in this thread).

Hehee, I've been in a slump lately; writing few reviews, talking more about the cats & pet mice I've accumulated. At least I wasn't TOTALLY off the mark asking David Hess about FORCED ENTRY; He & Harry Reems were friends, who played similar rapist murderer characters in the same year! Though David seems to have become somewhat stereotyped as Krug in his acting carreer...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

My dearest Kevin,
    You are still by far, the most handsome man on the planet. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    I love and adore you sweetie... FOREVER.
    Your fan,
    Cherie Currie

Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Well well well, Ya just don't never know who all ya might be runnin' into while checkin' out Mr. McCarthy's Web Site. That's 4 sure!
    I'm a sci-fi guy <font size=4>Big Time!</font>
    and CCoincidentally, a <font size=4>Big Time</font> Cherie Currie fan too!
    Great foto there rocketmaster!
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] TTFN
    [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus Danger

<marquee> [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] </marquee>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gusarama...The Gusmeister...Gus-a-rebop, fancy meeting YOU here! Thanks for stopping by to say hello! Yeah, let's get some good sci-fi and movie chat going on over here!

And lovely lovely Cherie - big kisses to you darlin'! Kevin loved your message. See you over in Currie-land!

~Rocky
    the Rocketmeister

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast