Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seems much more likely I'll be there. Gonna try for Saturday only, morning - afternoon. If there early enough, will try to get a Pre-show ticket at the door. Will probably leave between 6:30 - 7:00am to make sure I have time to attend the pre-show....

Rocky, you mentioned a bottle of water & a snack... I'm expecting the consessions to be as expensive (if not worse) than an airport or movie theatre. Would a days worth of food in a knapsack (ziplocked sandwiches & cracker-jacks & bottled green tea) get confiscated at the door? Ya'know, paper-bag lunch in the duffle-bag I'll be using for memoribilia? I've attended day-long events before which advertise "you can bring this & that", yet 'guards' make one throw away cameras & ANY food or water you're carrying (in pat-down searches more thourough than the police!) at the front gate, although it was advertised differently.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nope, no confiscating. It's an excellent idea to bring your own supplies. I hear that the restaurant will cost you around $15-20 per person for lunch, and more for dinner, but there's premade sandwiches and drinks sold in the lobby during the day. Yeah, probably in the neighborhood of movie theatre prices, I would guess.
    Have a great time!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color="#339900" size="1">[ April 23, 2004 09:40 AM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

What a roller-coaster of a week! New problems have arisen this morning, and suddenly it's doubtful I'll be able to take tomorrow off to get into NJ... [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

So, tell us about it fozzy!

Wish I could have attended, but 2 problems kept me from making the trip. 1) the fuel-efficient cars power-steering blew-out Friday. Dunno what the broken part was, but it cost enough to swallow my Chiller-budget. [img]frown.gif[/img] 2) A contractor from CA requested me personally help him prepare a "The Childrens Store" (infant & toddler clothing) outlet to open on time. Drywall, grouting, carpentry, painting; 30 hours on the job in two days (Sat & Sun) ate-up this weekend...

I sincerely apologise to Kevin for not being able to attent the expo; I was SO looking forward to it!

[img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] at circumstances which have kept me away from these last two Chillers.... [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#339900" size="1">[ April 26, 2004 08:37 PM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was at the con on Friday and met Mr. McCarthy for the second time but had money this time so got him to sign the Body Snatcher book he edited, Howling poster and two 8x10 photos plus a pic with him. He was hilarious and gracious all at once- definitely the highlight of the trip for me. Hope he goes to the next Chiller because I failed to find a Body Snatcher reprint poster and need to get one for him to sign. It was great talking to you Mr. McCarthy if you read this.

kingfozzy
    Kind of thought that you didn't make it Reved. Sorry you didn't make it as a good time was had by all.

I got autographs from Robert Davi (a very nice man indeed) and Patricia Quinn (a very nice woman indeed). The thing that surprised me was that in both cases, there was no one at their tables wanting autographs when I approached them. Good for me, but hopefully it wasn't like that all weekend. Kevin was, as always, a sweet and funny man at all times. He also mentioned that he would, if possible be back for the October Chiller. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And Kevin if you read the board, I just wanted to say that I had a great time with you and everyone else at dinner on Sunday night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12