3 Post(s)

Re: pictures

• 3349 replies | 373060 view(s)

- - - Updated - - -

• 3350 replies | 373063 view(s)

- - - Updated - - -

AAN2Ep7img?h416&ampw799&ampm6&ampq60&amput&ampof&amplf

- - - Updated - - -

https3A2F2Fgallery plgo gameio2Fuploads2F20212F072FRAD RaidTzachi B109759 1000x600 NoOS English26IMG3D2COV

- - - Updated - - -

TokyoMetropolis EN US9112375652 1920x1080

- - - Updated - - -

VF5NASA 1366x768

- - - Updated - - -

TartumaaEstonia 1366x768

- - - Updated - - -

explore russia 1 small

- - - Updated - - -

Architectural and historical sites of Lipetsk region * Russia Travel Blog

- - - Updated - - -

russia weather 3 small

- - - Updated - - -

BP5SI7E4GNHXXD62DCGWCOKIRE

- - - Updated - - -

guns kill people,

like spoons made rush limbaugh,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

• 3350 replies | 373352 view(s)

- - - Updated - - -

e7f482e92035e9206eb19044970ee9f5

- - - Updated - - -

c574b7b6d9ad4b2d93b510a2caa3fca8 xl

- - - Updated - - -

unikalnye fotografii 456 tumb 660 1

jenny jenny, your the girl for me

- - - Updated - - -

arxivnye foto 479 tumb 660

Yuri Gagarin and Gina Lollobrigida, Moscow, 1961

- - - Updated - - -

Valentina Tereshkova - Wikipedia

- - - Updated - - -

IDK

istoricheskie foto 608 tumb 660

- - - Updated - - -

arxivnye foto 470 tumb 660

Boris Yeltsin

- - - Updated - - -

3351 replies | 373358 view(s)

- - - Updated - - -

fbebf16178a2904b16f047a7dfc60a7d?1628321974

- - - Updated - - -

?uhttps3A2F2Ftse1mmbingnet2Fth3Fid3DOIPThlsEqN3q5Uq20BtFfesIAHaE826pid3DApi&ampf1

- - - Updated - - -

DLHiQgQXkAA1E0 large

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/bagdasar_com

- - - Updated - - -

depositphotos 5682464 stock photo staircases in an abandoned complex

- - - Updated - - -

bl n mobo c

- - - Updated - - -

bl n mobo c diff

- - - Updated - - -

lost places pfor abandoned factory ruin lapsed old factory old decay thumbnail

- - - Updated - - -

lost places pfor abandoned factory ruin lapsed old factory old decay thumbnail

- - - Updated - - -

lost places pfor abandoned factory ruin lapsed old factory old decay

- - - Updated - - -

• 3351 replies | 373393 view(s)

- - - Updated - - -

lost places room chair abandoned gloomy dark weird past dirty
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

3351 replies | 373707 view(s)

- - - Updated - - -

Фото Траурница

- - - Updated - - -

eaf7c91fdd9ba61f44074e7ac65f96fc?1628434109

- - - Updated - - -

State Opera House Vienna2C Austria

- - - Updated - - -

large russian apartment building balcony windows russian tricolor flags old dirty large russian apartment building balcony 212000239

- - - Updated - - -

residential house russian cities astrakhan russia july old apartment building russian city 151684402

- - - Updated - - -

maxresdefault

- - - Updated - - -

94591fef970bebfd8e4d194273c0189b?1628312699

- - - Updated - - -

old apartment building russian city residential house cities astrakhan russia july 151684276

- - - Updated - - -

falling housekeith levit1300

- - - Updated - - -

residential house russian cities astrakhan russia july old apartment building russian city 151684411

- - - Updated - - -

265,631,306 stock photos, vectors and videos

- - - Updated - - -

Processing...x

Screenshot (3).jpg

- - - Updated - - -

old apartment building russian city residential house cities astrakhan russia july 151684312

- - - Updated - - -

residential house russian cities astrakhan russia july old apartment building city 151684616

- - - Updated - - -

Moreover Job continued his parable, and said,
    2Oh that I were as in months past, as in the days when God preserved me;
    3When his candle shined upon my head, and when by his light I walked through darkness;
    4As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God was upon my tabernacle;
    5When the Almighty was yet with me, when my children were about me;
    6When I washed my steps with butter, and the rock poured me out rivers of oil;
    7When I went out to the gate through the city, when I prepared my seat in the street!
    8The young men saw me, and hid themselves: and the aged arose, and stood up.
    9The princes refrained talking, and laid their hand on their mouth.
    10The nobles held their peace, and their tongue cleaved to the roof of their mouth.
    11When the ear heard me, then it blessed me; and when the eye saw me, it gave witness to me:
    12Because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him.
    13The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
    14I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem.
    15I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame.
    16I was a father to the poor: and the cause which I knew not I searched out.
    17And I brake the jaws of the wicked, and plucked the spoil out of his teeth.
    18Then I said, I shall die in my nest, and I shall multiply my days as the sand.
    19My root was spread out by the waters, and the dew lay all night upon my branch.
    20My glory was fresh in me, and my bow was renewed in my hand.
    21Unto me men gave ear, and waited, and kept silence at my counsel.
    22After my words they spake not again; and my speech dropped upon them.
    23And they waited for me as for the rain; and they opened their mouth wide as for the latter rain.
    24If I laughed on them, they believed it not; and the light of my countenance they cast not down.
    25I chose out their way, and sat chief, and dwelt as a king in the army, as one that comforteth the mourners.

- - - Updated - - -

3352 replies | 373797 view(s)

- - - Updated - - -

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Urenga&atb...ages&ia=images

- - - Updated - - -

[h=Job 29]1[/h]Wycliffe(i)

1 Also Joob addide, takynge his parable, and seide,

2 Who yyueth to me, that I be bisidis the elde monethis, bi the daies in whiche God kepte me?

3 Whanne his lanterne schynede on myn heed, and Y yede in derknessis at his liyt.

4 As Y was in the daies of my yongthe, whanne in priuete God was in my tabernacle.

5 Whanne Almyyti God was with me, and my children weren in my cumpas;

6 whanne Y waischide my feet in botere, and the stoon schedde out to me the stremes of oile;

7 whanne Y yede forth to the yate of the citee, and in the street thei maden redi a chaier to me.

8 Yonge men, `that is, wantoun, sien me, and weren hid, and elde men risynge vp stoden;

9 princes ceessiden to speke, and puttiden the fyngur on her mouth;

10 duykis refreyneden her vois, and her tunge cleuyde to her throte.

11 An eere herynge blesside me, and an iye seynge yeldide witnessyng to me;

12 for Y hadde delyueride a pore man criynge, and a fadirles child, that hadde noon helpere.

13 The blessyng of a man `to perische cam on me, and Y coumfortide the herte of a widewe.

14 Y was clothid with riytfulnesse; and Y clothide me as with a cloth, and with my `doom a diademe.

15 Y was iye `to a blynde man, and foot to a crokyd man.

16 Y was a fadir of pore men; and Y enqueride most diligentli the cause, which Y knew not.

17 Y al tobrak the grete teeth of the wickid man, and Y took awei prey fro hise teeth.

18 And Y seide, Y schal die in my nest; and as a palm tre Y schal multiplie daies.

19 My roote is openyde bisidis watris, and deew schal dwelle in my repyng.

20 My glorie schal euere be renulid, and my bouwe schal be astorid in myn hond.

21 Thei, that herden me, abiden my sentence; and thei weren ententif, and weren stille to my counsel.

22 Thei dursten no thing adde to my wordis; and my speche droppide on hem.

23 Thei abididen me as reyn; and thei openyden her mouth as to the softe reyn `comynge late.

24 If ony tyme Y leiyide to hem, thei bileueden not; and the liyt of my cheer felde not doun in to erthe.

25 If Y wolde go to hem, Y sat the firste; and whanne Y sat as kyng, while the oost stood aboute,

netheles Y was comfortour of hem that morenyden.

- - - Updated - - -

Villa Feltrinelli

Villa Feltrinelli1400x800

Villa Feltrinelli1400x800

- - - Updated - - -

g
    Mute RecordsCurrent track: Goldfrapp - DrewGoldfrapp - Drew

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.bing.com/th?id=OHR.MineB..._1920x1080.jpg

th?idOHRMineBay EN US9163715590 1920x1080

- - - Updated - - -

https://diyaudioprojects.com/Tubes/6EM7-SET-Amplifier/

3352 replies | 373811 view(s)
    Last edited by tomt; August 9th, 2021 at 08:09 AM.
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

[h=Trivia (24)]4[/h]She was born in Savannah, Georgia, but was raised in San Fransisco, California to and , a general manager for the Hyatt hotel chain.
    Was roommates with Glee (2009) co-star, Lea Michele (2009).

Began dancing at age 3, first focusing on jazz and ballet, then later taking up hip-hop. When she was a teenager she used to teach it to younger kids.

She is a big fan of Tim Burton.

Named one of People Magazine's 100 Most Beautiful People of 2010.

Tattoos: Left rib cage that says "Mary had a little lamb", referencing her mother Mary, and herself being the lamb, which is her nickname from her mother.

Her favorite novels are "Alice in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll, and "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" by C.S. Lewis.

Her favorite performance on Glee (2009) was "Somebody to Love" by Queen.

In 2011 she jumped up 18 spots from her previous ranking in "The 2011 After Ellen's Hot 100 List", coming in at #8.

Ranked #81 in the 2011 FHM list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".

Ranked #81 in the Ask Men list of the Top 99 "most desirable women" of 2011.

Likes to spend time in graveyards as she finds it peaceful, and is very interested in gloomy, death-related things (e.g. skulls, cemeteries, etc.).

Ranked #9 in People's "25 Beauties (and Hotties) at 25" list in 2011.

Older sister of.

Voted #28 on Ask men's top 99 'most desirable' celebrity women of 2012.

After the Glee tour 2011, she took a trip to Paris with co-star Naya Rivera.

Ranked #13 in 2012 AfterEllen.com's "Top 50 Favorite Female TV Characters".

Placed #44 on the 2012 FHM Sexiest Woman awards.

Has been selected as #2 on 2012 AfterEllen Hot 100 list, bumping her Glee (2009) co-star, Heather Morris, who was #2 in 2011.

Was cast on Glee (2009) just two days before the pilot began shooting.

Fifth cousin, once removed, of singer Jack Gilinsky. Her paternal four times great-grandparents, Shmuel Labe Agronsky and Fruma Chana Bakhrakh, were also Jack's paternal five times great-grandparents.

She sent in an audition for the role of Gwen Stacy in The Amazing Spider-Man (2012). The role eventually went to Emma Stone.

Her role in The Family (2013) was written specifically for her after Luc Besson saw her in Glee (2009-2015).

[h=Personal Quotes (12)]4[/h]What a world we live in. I want to be incredibly close to the heart of it all. To live honestly, truthfully and to be completely present is the ultimate enterprise. And right now, I couldn't possibly ask for anything more. I am a very lucky girl.

Having a dance background, I became used to rejection at an early age. Dance is very competitive, especially for a sensitive person like me. But I realized it's better not to take it so seriously. If you beat yourself up, it's hard to keep going.

[on Glee (2009) compared to other high school television shows] I think that it shows that regardless of who you are and what group you belong to, there are so many emotions behind each person in high school. Sometimes with teens, writers or directors change them and make them be simple individuals--you're either the jock or the popular kid or the nerd. Everybody has those shades to them. This show, it really expands upon vulnerability and excitement and anger--all the experiences that you probably actually go through in high school.

Every day is an opportunity to fall or hurt yourself.

I definitely wasn't cool in high school. I really wasn't. I did belong to many of the clubs and was in leadership on yearbook and did the musical theater route, so I had friends in all areas. But I certainly did not know what to wear, did not know how to do my hair, all those things.

[Apologizing for the controversial photos taken of her and Glee (2009) co-stars Cory Monteith and Lea Michele, for GQ Magazine] In the land of Madonna, [Britney Spears, [Miley Cyrus],, Gossip Girl (2007) and other public figures and shows that have pushed the envelope and challenged the levels of comfort in their viewers and fans . . . we are not the first. Now, in perpetuating the type of images that evoke these kind of emotions, I am sorry . . . if you are hurt or these photos make you uncomfortable, it was never our intention. And if your eight-year-old has a copy of our GQ cover in hand, again I am sorry. But I would have to ask, how on earth did it get there? . . . I understand that in today's world of advanced technology, the Internet, our kids can be subject to very adult material at the click of a button. But there are parental locks, and ways to get around this.

I think that as an artist, the more that you can do to diversify, and kind of challenge yourself, the more you grow.

[on having a nose job]: I had convinced my mom to let me go to my first party. I was able to be there for an hour with two of my friends . . . [but] it accidentally turned into an argument and instead of the girl punching the guy, she wound up to the side and punched me . . . [there was] blood everywhere. The first time I didn't go to the doctor because I didn't want to tell my mom what had happened and she would never let me out of the house. I found out about it a year ago because things were getting worse and everything was getting really nasally and I went to a doctor. He said, "When did you break your nose? You have a horrible deviated septum." And the second time, I couldn't get it fixed because we were in the middle of doing this concert tour and we were filming. We had a day off and I met up with some of my friends and we were dancing. And again, there was another collision of sorts--I must be turning too quickly, people don't see me coming or something--but it's fixed now!

I started ballet when I was three, and the movies that my mom would show me were all musicals. And that was something that was so prevalent in that era of film was musicals. So I thought maybe I could do it. I just moved to this new school, I was like, "Nobody really knows me; this might be fun to get involved in," and so I auditioned and I got it, and that's the first time I sang and I was so nervous and it worked out. And then in middle school there was a few summer theater camps that I did, but it wasn't really until senior year of high school that I got into the acting class full time and loved it and knew I wanted to move to L.A. and took it one step at a time and took acting classes every day and auditions and smaller roles.

[on I Am Number Four (2011)] I heard about this project well before I was able to read the script, and I thought it sounded so interesting. I then read it and fell in love with it. I love the whole The Outsiders (1983), The Breakfast Club (1985), feel of the film.

When we first started doing Glee (2009), journalists would ask me who my dream guest star was. I would say Christopher Walken, and you could see their faces fall: "Just say Justin Timberlake!"

I don't party a lot. I've smoked cigarettes, but I'm not a smoker.

Tattoos: Left rib cage that says "Mary had a little lamb", referencing her mother Mary,

and herself being the lamb, which is her nickname from her mother.

- - - Updated - - -

3352 replies | 374063 view(s)

- - - Updated - - -

R16b74547ad3a48f580fa76284229f863?rikOiSSpWqJYyMA9Q&ampriuhttp3a2f2f1bpblogspotcom2f 4CuX5xWIRgI2fTwoQLU8DVCI2fAAAAAAAAYhg2fecQ91YIxYVM2fs16002fdianna agron pink bikini&ampehkAEPNbqalq04PbSO1GEsK2beEuvo1gplGsdt7kNBKmjkg3d&amprisl&amppidImgRaw&ampr0

- - - Updated - - -

68 now
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

3353 replies | 374212 view(s)

- - - Updated - - -

Switzerland
    There are not enough women, but the Swiss, even for the sake of beautiful foreigners, are not ready to open wide the gates of their mountainous and terribly rich country. Prosperity, you know, is not for everyone. And the guys will suffer without their aunts, but the bank account and chocolate stocks will be more intact. And whether the clock strikes the twelfth hour of the apocalypse - this grandmother said in two.

- - - Updated - - -

India
    A woman here stands on the social ladder just above the animal and the birth of a girl is an undesirable development of events, in connection with which various incidents occur.
    Of course, it is difficult to believe that the homeland of the Kamasutra and Ashwarya Rai is experiencing a shortage of women, but this is the sad reality. Men outnumber women by 37 million.

- - - Updated - - -

Great Britain
    The times when Englishwomen during intercourse had to endure and think about the country are in the distant past. English women have high demands on men, and Cumberbatch is the only one. So the island ladies choose immigration, increasing the number of men left without a life partner.

-Advertisement!-

(not really)

- - - Updated - - -

Estonia is rightfully ranked first. It turns out that although the country is small, but how remote it is!
    750https://www.webturizm.ru/
    In 2019, she was ranked 30th in the Human Development Index. The GDP of this country has almost tripled since 1990, education and medicine are free, while services are provided at a high level, and not just for show. How did they manage to do this without having huge oil reserves, large industries and a multinational population as the main value of the state?

- - - Updated - - -

Fontaines D.C. - A Hero's Death (Live at Home for Later... with Jools Holland) - YouTube
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

th?idOHROkavangoHerd EN US9805568447 1920x1080

- - - Updated - - -

1920x1080portal

- - - Updated - - -

i suspect that this will change during the day/ night

tje 1 mobo c diff

- - - Updated - - -

4549228 6208227 Picture taken yesterday shows a sunny but cold and misty start t a 37 1537920417928
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

3355 replies | 374908 view(s)

- - - Updated - - -

Processing...x​

- - - Updated - - -

1201347 place

- - - Updated - - -

3356 replies | 374920 view(s)

- - - Updated - - -

mountains sunset clouds 196366 3840x2160

- - - Updated - - -

i?id83071ab58faeaf273135b4aac2d2918a l&amprefrim&ampn13&ampw1080&amph1350

- - - Updated - - -

Login • Instagram

- - - Updated - - -

th?idOHRUbehebeCrater EN US6244876287 1920x1080
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

The deal with metal domes/dust caps in speakers is not totally such a cut-an-dried, or etched-in stone affair as one might believe.
    When a speaker is operating within its design parameters all of the frequencies are emanating equally from all areas of the cone, the dust cap is not possessed of magic qualities, in which it can de-couple itself from the rest of the cone, in order to operate independently to extend the freq range.
    Because the metal dust cap is very rigid, small, and light weight, compared to the rest of the cone, it still can produce a small amount of "useable" sound when the rest of the cone gets close/borderline to the edge of instability/break-up,, the point where the mass of the cone does not want to follow the input signal in an accurate manner.
    Now,, as a disclaimer, I have only used, and still continue to use, only one JBL speaker, a K-120, that I've used for many years in a small combo amp.
    However, except for that one JBL, I have used nothing but Altec 417s for the last 43 years, and they have all had metal dust caps.
    Back in the day, (when Altec was in Anaheim,) you could go there and speak to a real engineer, which I did on several occasions.
    I asked them about metal domes, because, from time-to-time, Altec would make a few 417s with paper domes, as per a special order, and using only Altec speakers, I wanted to know the diff.
    His answer, to paraphrase; "The main objective for the metal dome is easy heat removal from the interior of the voice coil,, paper is a good heat insulator, metal transfers heat far better,, and going to a metal dome allows the speaker to be rated at a higher wattage".
    It also gives a very strong/rigid connection between cone and the voice coil.
    All product advertising is subject to various amounts of "hype",, and JBL saying that a metal dome is used in order to act as a "Direct radiating" device to extend high freqs is a stretch of the truth,, yes, it does, but it's just peripheral in nature.
    It is not to confused as acting like a diaphragm in a high freq horn driver, and its effect is easily controlled with a small adjustment of your treble control knob, (that's what they're for).

K
    [h=kimock]4[/h][h=Member]5[/h]

Aug 25, 2018

sharpshooter said:
    The deal with metal domes/dust caps in speakers is not totally such a cut-an-dried, or etched-in stone affair as one might believe.
    When a speaker is operating within its design parameters all of the frequencies are emanating equally from all areas of the cone, the dust cap is not possessed of magic qualities, in which it can de-couple itself from the rest of the cone, in order to operate independently to extend the freq range.
    Because the metal dust cap is very rigid, small, and light weight, compared to the rest of the cone, it still can produce a small amount of "useable" sound when the rest of the cone gets close/borderline to the edge of instability/break-up,, the point where the mass of the cone does not want to follow the input signal in an accurate manner.
    Now,, as a disclaimer, I have only used, and still continue to use, only one JBL speaker, a K-120, that I've used for many years in a small combo amp.
    However, except for that one JBL, I have used nothing but Altec 417s for the last 43 years, and they have all had metal dust caps.
    Back in the day, (when Altec was in Anaheim,) you could go there and speak to a real engineer, which I did on several occasions.
    I asked them about metal domes, because, from time-to-time, Altec would make a few 417s with paper domes, as per a special order, and using only Altec speakers, I wanted to know the diff.
    His answer, to paraphrase; "The main objective for the metal dome is easy heat removal from the interior of the voice coil,, paper is a good heat insulator, metal transfers heat far better,, and going to a metal dome allows the speaker to be rated at a higher wattage".
    All product advertising is subject to various amounts of "hype",, and JBL saying that a metal dome is used in order to act as a "Direct radiating" device to extend high freqs is a stretch of the truth,, yes, it does, but it's just peripheral in nature.
    It is not to confused as acting like a diaphragm in a high freq horn driver, and its effect is easily controlled with a small adjustment of your treble control knob, (that's what they're for).

With no argument to the objective engineering perspective, the only quality of interest to me is the sound of the speaker.
    The JBL with the paper dome doesn’t sound like a JBL. It’s weirdly vacant.
    The Altec with vented paper is an improvement for my purposes.

• yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7

Reactions:Ncp10, edgewound, HotBluePlates and 1 other person

62772?1432129485
    [h=Baxtercat]4[/h]Silver Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2018

Jon Silberman said:
    a Weber Cali w/paper dome
    Was gonna say this.

Mickey Shane said:
    Can dogs hear the frequency response of a dust cap?
    Oh yes, even better than me I bet.
    Pets leave the room when the JBLs are in use.

IMG 1989 zpsb7d122ae

Reactions:jeffm725, edgewound and Mickey Shane

188296?1504143334
    [h=HotBluePlates]4[/h][h=Member]5[/h]

Aug 25, 2018

Mickey Shane said:
    OK, so now that I learned something, I have a question. I use a Jensen C12N in my '55 Deluxe. I looked up the frequency response of the Jensen and found it to be 70Hz-6KHz. They claim that their dust cap material is hard paper. Since the JBL's aluminum dust cap can radiate 6KHz, should I say "Biggie wow!" ?
    The C12N having "response at 6kHz" is a little misleading, as the modern Jensen's chart shows the response falls off pretty steeply after 3.5kHz (almost 20dB/octave).

Also note that JBL used the aluminum dome only on the extended range models of their speakers, where others had a paper dome when the upper-frequency chores would be handled by a tweeter and/or horn. Some guitarists like the somewhat more muted high trebles of the paper domed JBLs.

And @edgewound isn't kidding about efficiency and the "more/louder" nature of these speakers. I've played a 25w amp through a single D130 and equaled/exceeded the volume of a friend playing a 50w amp through a pair of Eminence speakers.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018

Reactions:Wyzard, Humble Texan Fan, edgewound and 1 other person

87974?1554754642
    [h=edgewound]4[/h][h=Member]5[/h]

Aug 25, 2018

sharpshooter said:

The aluminum dome on extended range speakers is not cut and dried. The material does make a significant difference in the harmonic nature of the tonal signature. The way in which the dome in installed..in this case, the aluminum dome...make a HUGE difference in the way the speaker will perform. The case being, will sound good, or will it sound terrible. If it's not done as God intended, it will sound terrible. A by-product of the aluminum dome is better heat dissipation. The intended purpose of the aluminum dome is to extended high frequencies. When these speakers were born back in the 1940s, home audio consisted of single driver loudspeakers. Extended range was a design goal as recording technology advanced. The aluminum dome was part of that advancement. Why does a paper dome sound different than an aluminum dome? Stephens Trusonic used this configuration as well. Stephens was associated with theater sound systems during the renaissance of movie sound.

The size of a dust cap and it's associated attachment point does, in fact, have a direct influence on the sound of the speaker. Mount it on the apex of the cone over the voice coil and there will be very little high frequency damping. Mount a larger dome up the side of the cone and high frequencies will be damped, or rolled off...the mass and material of the dome have an impact. Mount an aluminum dome that is larger than the voice coil up from the apex of the cone, and it's will sound raspy like a kazoo.

And....The Altec speakers with an aluminum dome were introduced way after JBL did this. The relationship between Jim Lansing and his Altec adversaries was not pretty. The innovations that Jim Lansing invented were "borrowed" by Altec. Hal Cox knew Jim Lansing personally, and I had the great fortune to speak with Hal via telephone shortly after I started my business in 1988...which was by influence from JBL Professional.

So, yeah, dust cap size and material does matter. It's not just a dust cap and/or heat sink.

Reactions:Wyzard and Mark Robinson

87974?1554754642

Aug 25, 2018

jeffm725 said:
    This times X1000.

I had two recently put in a 70's Pro Reverb (had K's in there, screwed one up, wanted to replace both at once, and a friend had two Hazes he wanted to part with)

They handle less power than a K at 40 Watts each but throwing 2 in a Pro Reverb is a pretty perfect match.

Great speaker. Responds like a good condition K and can be pushed with smaller amps.

And now that I see Edgewound posting here, it reminds me its time for me to send 2 K's and an E back to Upland for the most accurate JBL reconing service as exists in this country.
    (and Ive had em reconed by everyone)

Been a fan for years!
    Thank you so very much for the kind acknowledgement!

Reactions:jeffm725

K
    [h=kimock]4[/h][h=Member]5[/h]

Aug 26, 2018

HotBluePlates said:
    And @edgewound isn't kidding about efficiency and the "more/louder" nature of these speakers. I've played a 25w amp through a single D130 and equaled/exceeded the volume of a friend playing a 50w amp through a pair of Eminence speakers.
    You guys ever play a narrow gap JBL?
    I don’t know what the diff between efficiency and sensitivity is supposed to be but the responsiveness of the tighter fit is startling.

188296?1504143334
    [h=HotBluePlates]4[/h][h=Member]5[/h]

Aug 26, 2018

kimock said:
    I don’t know what the diff between efficiency and sensitivity is supposed to be but the responsiveness of the tighter fit is startling.
    My experience is extremely limited. I have played a single D130 in an amp I built, that I assume to date to the mid-60's (serial # 67XXX). You or @edgewound would have to tell me if that's a "narrow gap" JBL or not (though I suspect it might be, as it's not a D130F/D120F).

87974?1554754642

Aug 26, 2018

kimock said:
    I've never played a narrow gap model. They were always blown by the time I got them and factory protocol was to machine out the gap so a newer recone kit would fit.

The difference was reported to be about 1-2 dB. Harvey Gerst said he didn't think it was substantial, though the number of failures in the field was enough to warrant making the modification...which became standard across the board for all drivers with a 4 inch voice coil.

Narrow gap units still survive in the field. D130s with no goop on the surround, D131s as well. I can recone a narrow gap unit with the caveat that if the frame is not torques down evenly, there is a risk to warping the voice coil and cone out-of-round.

The E-Series is more sensitive than the D-Series later .057" modified gap, because the larger ceramic magnet was designed for higher flux in the gap, 13,500. The 2202H/J can be reconed for guitar, and the flux is 12,000...equal to what the D-Series is supposed to be.

There is a noticeable difference between and D/K Series model and the E Series, which I play through in my Rivera Quiana Studio combo, 55 watts. the mids are fatter in the 500-1000 Hz range. Tactile response is more sensitive as well.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018

Reactions:Baxtercat

87974?1554754642

Aug 26, 2018

HotBluePlates said:
    My experience is extremely limited. I have played a single D130 in an amp I built, that I assume to date to the mid-60's (serial # 67XXX). You or @edgewound would have to tell me if that's a "narrow gap" JBL or not (though I suspect it might be, as it's not a D130F/D120F).
    There is a good chance it's not a narrow gap unit. I reconed an original D130F from 1963 that had the updated gap of .057". The original narrow gap was .053".

The catalog for 1964 shows models for electric guitar D130F and D131F(later renamed D120F).

http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...964/page42.jpg

page42

Reactions:HotBluePlates

87974?1554754642

Aug 26, 2018

edgewound said:
    There is a good chance it's not a narrow gap unit. I reconed an original D130F from 1963 that had the updated gap of .057". The original narrow gap was .053".

The catalog for 1964 shows models for electric guitar D130F and D131F(later renamed D120F).

http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...964/page42.jpg

page42

A little perspective on the prices of these speakers through the eyes of the inflation calculator.

1964... D131F which was renamed D120F later. Price, $96.00.

2018... D131F/D120F Price today in equivalent dollars, $782.93

1964...D130F, Price $102.00

2018... D130F, Price $831.86.

https://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

Reactions:Baxtercat

D
    [h=dharmafool]4[/h][h=Member]5[/h]

Aug 27, 2018

edgewound said:
    A little perspective on the prices of these speakers through the eyes of the inflation calculator.

1964... D131F which was renamed D120F later. Price, $96.00.

2018... D131F/D120F Price today in equivalent dollars, $782.93

https://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm
    Wow. I remember paying $105 for a D-120F in 1971. It had a lifetime warranty!

E
    [h=ekkybedmond]4[/h][h=Member]5[/h]

Aug 27, 2018

Does Robert Cray use JBL speakers with his Clubman?

87974?1554754642

Aug 27, 2018

Jim Lansing's daughter just called me for some vintage speaker advice. She came to me about 12 years ago for a repair. We sat at my bench for a few hours while I did the repair so she wouldn't have to make a return trip from a decent distance.

Amazing how the universe works at times. What a treat!

Reactions:Wyzard, jeffm725, dharmafool and 3 others

M
    [h=mixsit]4[/h]Gold Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2018

Thanks to all for the thread from a long time JBL fan.

Reactions:edgewound

6?1432593757
    [h=Jon Silberman]4[/h][h=10Q Jerry & Dickey]5[/h] Silver Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2018

Agreed, great thread!

J

- - - Updated - - -

https://m.facebook.com/cale.hoover/a...3406035690673/

- - - Updated - - -

https://m.facebook.com/cale.hoover/a...3406035690673/
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

• 3358 replies | 375098 view(s)

- - - Updated - - -

• 3358 replies | 375098 view(s)

- - - Updated - - -

• 3358 replies | 375098 view(s)AKedOLRB0OwZjapG4AViNxY 0lTwx2EmjxR4DSQCEQs32 c k c0x00ffffff no rj[COLORgold(--yt-live-chat-secondary-text-color)]lennart hallberg[/COLOR]​[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-primary-text-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]President Joe Biden with his "America is back" slogan looks more stupid every passing week. The biggest bubble in US political history just burst in Afghanistan. He is nothing but a senile old man.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-secondary-text-color)]

[/COLOR]
      AKedOLRB0OwZjapG4AViNxY 0lTwx2EmjxR4DSQCEQs32 c k c0x00ffffff no rj[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-secondary-text-color)]lennart hallberg[/COLOR]​[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-primary-text-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]Taliban taking over in Afghanistan is a massive tragedy especially for girls and women. They will have no rights whatsoever left under their rule. Everybody with any humanity should oppose that.[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
      AKedOLRB0OwZjapG4AViNxY 0lTwx2EmjxR4DSQCEQs32 c k c0x00ffffff no rj[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-secondary-text-color)]lennart hallberg[/COLOR]​[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-primary-text-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]Joe Biden tries to blame Trump for all this. It was Biden`s own decision to leave Afghanistan in the middle of Taliban`s best fighting season that caused this mess. Trump had nothing to do with that.[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
      AKedOLRB0OwZjapG4AViNxY 0lTwx2EmjxR4DSQCEQs32 c k c0x00ffffff no rj[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-secondary-text-color)]lennart hallberg[/COLOR]​[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-primary-text-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]The US military and intelligence operatives must have known how weak the Afghan army is. Did Biden help China, Russia, Iran and Taliban on purpose hoping to get a better deal with Iran later on?[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
      AKedOLRB0OwZjapG4AViNxY 0lTwx2EmjxR4DSQCEQs32 c k c0x00ffffff no rj[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-secondary-text-color)]lennart hallberg[/COLOR]​[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-primary-text-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]China, Russia, Iran and Turkey all back up the Taliban in chasing the US from Afghanistan. Biden`s decision to leave it in the middle of Taliban`s best fighting season helped them to take over there.[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
      AKedOLRB0OwZjapG4AViNxY 0lTwx2EmjxR4DSQCEQs32 c k c0x00ffffff no rj[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-secondary-text-color)]lennart hallberg[/COLOR]​[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-primary-text-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]Taliban, China and Russia negotiated in Tehran, Iran already July 7th 2021. The US could not keep up with them because of president Joe Biden`s dramatically worsened dementia.[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
      AKedOLRB0OwZjapG4AViNxY 0lTwx2EmjxR4DSQCEQs32 c k c0x00ffffff no rj[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-secondary-text-color)]lennart hallberg[/COLOR]​[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-primary-text-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]When US Secretary of State Blinken was in Pakistan the Taliban leaders were in China to finalize their plans. Taliban, Russia, China and Iran had decided to take over in Afghanistan already long ago.[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
      AKedOLRB0OwZjapG4AViNxY 0lTwx2EmjxR4DSQCEQs32 c k c0x00ffffff no rj[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-secondary-text-color)]lennart hallberg[/COLOR]​[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-primary-text-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]Joe Biden`s foreign policy has been all about re-joining the JCPOA deal he and Obama were responsible for. Nothing else has mattered for him and his administration. That lies also behind this mess.[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
      AKedOLRB0OwZjapG4AViNxY 0lTwx2EmjxR4DSQCEQs32 c k c0x00ffffff no rj[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-secondary-text-color)]lennart hallberg[/COLOR]​[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-primary-text-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]The biggest bubble in US political history just burst in Afghanistan. Joe Biden is nothing but a senile old man.[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Welcome to live chat! Remember to guard your privacy and abide by our community guidelines.LEARN MORE

AKedOLSdZilOlqnLguosQ3DOBgDbRuxg39MIr7spssj9uVrZqb3LmQXFwyuwmUSHVSaAs32 c k c0x00ffffff no rj[COLOR=var(--yt-live-chat-secondary-text-color)]tom tremaine[/COLOR]

- - - Updated - - -

guns kill people,

fat ....