Page 53 of 425 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: pictures

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: pictures

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <Error>
    <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    <Message>Access Denied</Message>
    <RequestId>DE7D141FAE29495C</RequestId>
    <HostId>
    gPd4VGHLRsM83T0M2x2rFiGDBDwZAagX3pbzBLq15Qc9q4DTdn ELeVh4lpqE6xRo
    </HostId>
    </Error>

http://data2.whicdn.com/

https://www.google.com/search?q=This...w=1109&bih=493

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````

- - - Updated - - -

http://data2.whicdn.com/images/85960095/large.jpg
    guns kill people,

like spoons made rush limbaugh,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Daniel King
    2 weeks ago

Makes me want to take city block sized, slow motion steps. 
    ?
    norris chuck
    7 months ago
    in reply to kelly cross

You are my friend...you are
    THESpikeNINE
    8 months ago

this thing speaks for itself!
    kelly cross
    1 year ago

I actually feel cool when I listen to this song
    JR0d2002
    1 year ago

this song bumps so hard...this is how you electro bro
    kelly cross
    1 year ago

I feel as if I should be tripping on acid right now.
    MrMcLeanin
    1 year ago

So. Fucking. Good. Thanks Pandora radio.
    David Hirsh
    1 year ago

Create, innovate, make 'em shake.
    dvschilpp
    1 year ago

Seriously my new favorite song, I've listened to it about 15 times in the past 3 days O.o Still not old.
    Hurryingcheese
    1 year ago

Sickest beat I've ever heard
    Kimani chan
    1 year ago

Saw LowRIDERz at Symbiosis at Pyramid Lake....AMAZING. FREAKING blew my mind! I'm gonna have that woman's babies, lol
    mhatter5
    1 year ago

One of my favorite electronic songs of all time. No joke.
    sara sennott
    2 years ago

so dope
    ohmygodimonfire91
    2 years ago

Next Level

http://knightriderz.bandcamp.com/

- - - Updated - - -

large

- - - Updated - - -

https://soundcloud.com/djlauramusic

https://soundcloud.com/thelowriderz/...at/recommended

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...0242/SFV/30046

- - - Updated - - -

https://nextpreview.soundcloud.com/t...ack-to/reposts

- - - Updated - - -

https://nextpreview.soundcloud.com/sheila-shahram

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by tomt; March 9th, 2014 at 06:48 AM.
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

https://www.google.com/search?q=497+...m=122&ie=UTF-8

The last 15 visitor(s) to this page were:

Alien_Shore,
    Audio_by_Goodwill,
    bowtie427ss,
    cbooch,
    chinacave,
    Freyr,
    juniper,
    kinomat,
    LowOhms,
    mah,
    Mazeppa,
    portlandbird,
    Steven,
    TheATM,
    twinfanatic

This page has had 5,799 visits
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

a few notes about events in this and a neighboring galaxy

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/freetronics
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

bs from 'ft'

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. How Putin miscalculated in the struggle for Ukraine - FT.com

ft.com > Comment >
    Columnists
    Advanced search
    Subscribe | Sign in | Register | Site tour

Home
    UK
    World
    Companies
    Markets
    Global Economy
    Lex
    Comment
    Columnists
    Analysis
    Opinion
    The A-List
    Editorial
    Blogs
    Letters
    Corrections
    Obituaries
    Tools
    Management
    Personal Finance
    Life & Arts

December 2, 2013 4:58 pm
    How Putin miscalculated in the struggle for Ukraine

Gideon Rachman By Gideon Rachman
    To Moscow the ?colour revolutions? were sinister, threatening its sphere of influence
    Ingram Pinn illustration

No event has done more to spook the Kremlin, over the last decade, than the Orange Revolution in Ukraine in 2004. Now Vladimir Putin?s worst moment looks like turning into a recurring nightmare as demonstrators once again fill Kiev?s Independence Square, demanding that their country move closer to the EU and further away from Russia.

The demonstrations in Ukraine are both a humiliation and a threat to Mr Putin. While the Russian president may laud the deep cultural and historical ties between Ukraine and Russia, he is discovering that tens of thousands of Ukrainians would prefer to brave freezing temperatures and flying truncheons rather than be drawn closer into the Russian sphere of influence.

More
    On this story

Editorial Protests deserve solidarity
    Mary Dejevsky A lesson for Brussels
    Four emerging leaders of Ukraine protests
    Ukraine turmoil adds to default fears
    Ukraine on brink of upheaval

On this topic

Editorial Belligerence cannot hide Russia?s frailty
    Timothy Garton Ash Accident and ardour
    Focus on French/Russian military deal
    Ukraine sparks battle at home for Obama

Gideon Rachman

A new cold war is old hat
    Battle over Ukraine can be avoided
    A model for how to handle a split
    The Diary ? Gideon Rachman

What is more, if a popular uprising can once again threaten to topple a corrupt and intermittently despotic government in Ukraine, then the potential lesson for Russia is clear. After all, it is less than two years ago that demonstrators filled the streets of Moscow to protest against the Putin restoration and to label his United Russia party as the ?party of crooks and thieves?.

A pro-EU uprising in Ukraine also threatens President Putin?s vision for Russia in the world. His main foreign-policy goal is the construction of a sphere of influence for Russia, covering most of the old Soviet Union. Ukraine ? with its 45m people, large territory, economic resources and longstanding links to Russia ? is meant to be the jewel in the crown. It matters far more than Moldova or Belarus. If the Ukrainians turn west, not east, Mr Putin?s foreign policy is in tatters.

And yet the Russian government has only itself to blame for this turn of events. It has set up a crude tug-of-war with the EU over the fate of its neighbour, while forgetting the obvious lesson of the original Orange Revolution ? that if you try to settle the future of Ukraine, over the heads of its people, they can take to the streets in numbers so massive that they can change the political direction of their nation.

In an effort to persuade Ukraine to look to Moscow, not Brussels, the Russians approached the Yanukovich government with cash in one hand and a cosh in the other. Over the summer, trade restrictions were placed on Ukrainian goods to make the point that the country could expect to pay a heavy price if it turned its back on Russia. At the same time the Russians made a direct appeal to the financial interests of Ukraine ? and, more pertinently, of the Ukrainian elite.

Two recent meetings between Mr Putin and President Viktor Yanukovich seem to have been decisive in persuading the Ukrainian leader that his interests ? and those of his family and close associates ? lay in siding with Moscow. Proximity to power is often a route to wealth in Ukraine. The president?s son, Alexander, who trained as a dentist, is now a very rich and well-connected businessman.

The moment when the Ukrainian leader announced that he would not be signing an association agreement with the EU must have felt like a sweet victory in Moscow. But the triumph has been shortlived. Even if Mr Yanukovich?s thuggish police manage to bludgeon the opposition into silence, the Ukrainian government will be gravely wounded ? and the whole idea of a Eurasian Union will be damaged.

Mr Putin may have miscalculated because he believed his own propaganda about the Orange Revolution. In his view, far from being a genuine popular uprising, it was an event manufactured by western intelligence agencies, using US and EU-funded non-governmental organisations as their tools. For Mr Putin, the so-called ?colour revolutions? were doubly sinister. First, they threatened to pull nations out of the natural Russian sphere of influence and into the orbit of the west. Second, they might serve as a template for similar uprisings in Russia itself. Indeed when demonstrations broke out against dubious elections in Russia in the winter of 2011-12, the Kremlin?s reaction was to crack down on the western NGOs that it alleged were stirring things up.

The idea that a popular revolt could be genuinely popular ? rather than the product of a behind-the-scenes manipulation ? seems to be one that the Putin government finds hard to grasp. (In some ways this is surprising, given Russia?s own history ? although perhaps not so surprising, considering the role that conspiracy played in the Bolsheviks? seizure of power in October 1917.)

This limited and conspiratorial view of the original colour revolutions may have made Moscow vulnerable to another unpleasant surprise on the streets of Ukraine, as ordinary people have moved to undo deals made over their heads by leaders they regard as corrupt and illegitimate.

As a Russian nationalist, Mr Putin likes to argue that Russia is a unique ?civilisation? ? distinct from that of Europe. As a result the struggle for Ukraine is, for him, not just about wealth or power politics ? it is civilisational. The notion that the Ukrainian middle-class, at least in the capital city and the more developed western half of the country, feels more attracted to the civilisations of Warsaw, Berlin and London ? rather than Moscow ? is offensive to Russian nationalists in the Kremlin and beyond.

Yet, in reality, the prospect of Ukraine drawing closer to the rest of Europe ? and becoming wealthier and better-governed in the process ? would ultimately be in the interests of Russia. It might serve as a template for the future development of Russia itself. But, for that very reason, events in Ukraine are profoundly threatening to the personal interests and ideology of President Putin and his circle.

[email protected]

-------------------------------------------

Letter in response to this column:

It is a mistake to treat Russia as a fading actor / From Sir Tony Brenton