Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Eto, Echo, return soon, I have been waiting for more than a month for your return.

Get well and we all love and miss you. [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Fuzzy Necromancer's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know, I'll offer up my soul and flesh to the great Cthuluh in exchange for Eto's recovery and work reduction.
    *prays some evil-sounding words*
    What? What do you...no? Not even a...alright.
    *hangs up*
    Well, apparently the've got a size requirement on souls, and mine is just under the minimum. Also apparently I'm to salty.
    [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*grinz* Too small soul? COnsider yourself lucky... I'm still trying to find mine.
    *takes x-ray, a microscope and pinsets* Wait, wait i think i got something here... No, the glass was dirty. ;p

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You know, the size of your soul is dependent on your strength of personality and spiritual energy, not how good or evil you are. Somebody without a soul is an unfeeling automaton incapable of benevolence or malice, hence neither good nor evil.

Inactive Member InfiniteStarfox's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually, you're wrong. Everything has a soul that guides it to fulfill its causes (Material, Formal, Efficient, and Final). It's in "Physics" by Aristotle.
    And there is such thing as good. Seeing as good/love can only have the potential to create, it's logical end is perfection. The further you are from that perfection, the more evil that distance is (not a physical distance, but a distance on many levels). So, there is no such THING as evil, only an absense of good. If there were a thing such as evil, it would have to have an antithesis to perfection, which is total nothingness - therefore, something that is designed to destroy or reverse all order and good would end up destroying itself instantly, for it's very form has to have some order to make a conscious action to destroy.

The conclusion you would have to draw would be, there can be nothing that is anti-good, only an absence of it. It is this that shows that good does exist, and exists on a level of all knowing, all powerful, all present in its perfect form - or source, if you want. Love/good's aim is a state of total fulfillment, and anything straying from that is considered evil as it takes away from a person's true purpose.

It is our responsibility to work to attain perfection, though we may never reach it in our physical form - but you have to remind yourself that the closer you are to that perfect love, the better and more worthwhile your life is.

Oh yeah, and a soul has no shape, no size, and no limit, as it is the only thing we have that can fully comprehend this perfect love. If you have earned that love, you will recieve it; if not, work for it. To give up is to give in, and no one should aim for that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, since everything seems to exist rather well, it's easy to deduce it's a good thing when it all follows the right order of how it's all supposed to go - which is something to shoot for, even if you can't reach it just yet.

Eto, come back soon before I explode with philosophy!!

Inactive Member InfiniteStarfox's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh sorry, I made a mistake. Everything doesn't have a soul, only every living thing. Without a soul binding the causes, it would break apart into unorganized and seperate aspects with no life. It's a bit complicated, but I'm ironing out the edges the best I can.

*ehem*...Ah, I'll stop talking.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*applauds StarFox*

Very well said.

*forgets what he said*

Argh. Sorry, my brain's not fully functioning. Suffering from Mory withdrawl.

So, quick introduction. I'm Bloodsong, called Song or Bloody by friends. I have fallen totally in love with Mory's Education. I'm waiting for a commission from Eto for my first wedding anniversary this month. *crosses fingers* I also love Shakespeare, so seeing this interpretaion of Hamlet has been a joy. Can't wait to see how it ends. *poings*

Blessed be, all!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess it depends on how you define a soul, which in and of itself is a fairly vague term that gets tossed around applied to a lot of things.

Hello bloodsong.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah! I see. Well, I'm going to toss out my definition and see how many hand-slaps I get. *grin*

The soul is the piece of divine essence that is in all things. Rocks and rivers can have a piece, especially if they are worshipped or revered by local people. Such actions imbue the object with power until it coalesces into divine essence. Minerals, especially gems, have been used for centuries in medicine and magic. These have already developed a link with the divine.

Living things are imbued. Their essences can have many different forms, colors and feels, depending on the lifeform. No one soul is better or worse then another. Human souls are simply a little closer to the divine.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Hi, everybody, and welcome greetings to DreamFeathers and Bloodsong.
    While your elaborate definition of good and evil certainly has a point, StarFox, I daresay that I doubt Lilla would agree to this particular point of view. What do you think about asking her in "Meet the cast"? Or do you think the Eto, for whose return we may pray, does currently lack any time for delivering their characters? opinions to us?

Anyway, best wishes to all of you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast