Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Artist is broke - care to help?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How much ...? I dunno. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    How long does it take to make one?

You could do an 'open price' offer. [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]
    Say you work one hour to make a bookmark. In stead of asking a fixed price you ask that the buyer pays what he/she earns in an hour.
    Seems extra democratic. Say Mr Y just earns $2 an hour so he pays $2, while Miss X earns $15 an hour so she pays $15. It comes down to the same sacrifice from every buyer (everybody is honest here, yes?).

(now we all hope that Bill Gates wants some ^__^)

Inactive Member skizzy the wonder lizard's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

some of us don't have jobs. i'd venture to say most of us don't. and it's not democratic at all to charge some people more for the same product.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well... First off, yes, I would prefer stuff to be in American currency please. ^^;; S'hard for me to convert stuff.

Also, I would have to concur with Skizzy... I couldn't honestly charge someone more for one thing while someone else pays less. And I really hate to say this, but $3 is a bit cheap for me to make bookmarks worth my while - if you're talkin' color, that's at least two hours for me to complete, if I'm lucky and the sketch doesn't take me too long. Sadly, I don't have a lamination machine, but if I get enough orders for bookmarks, I can take them to Kinko's or something, or I can use some of the lamination sheets that just stick on.

[img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] ...I love these new smilies. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Eto:
    [QB]...Also, I would have to concur with Skizzy... I couldn't honestly charge someone more for one thing while someone else pays less. And I really hate to say this, but $3 is a bit cheap for me to make bookmarks worth my while - if you're talkin' color, that's at least two hours for me to complete, if I'm lucky and the sketch doesn't take me too long. ...[QB]</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] I think you would be charging the same for everybody.
    Just forget the numbers painted on small paperstrips or the bas-reliefs hammered into bits of metal. If I pay you with one hour of work, and Skizzy pays with one hour of work we both pay the same. Whatever the bank may think about it.
    Of course you must set a minimum to cover for materials and shipping. Ex $3.
    So...
    Skizzy doesn't work so pays the minimum + one_hour_worth (3+0) and I do the same (3+10). Sounds fair and your bank thinks you got $16.
    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]
    That would still make it worthwile to sell stuff to Bill Gates.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123