Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's right... Our very own Bloodsong was nice enough to write a fanfiction accompanying the Lilly Guyth commission. Can't say if it's canon or not.. After all, Lilly and Guyth never seem to cross romantically. ^_~ Anywho, she asked me to post it somewhere where it could gain compliments/critiques/comments, and since I have no other place to do so, I thought I might as well try the forum... So, leave your two bits and enjoy. (oh, btw, the story's copyright her, characters to me... you know the drill.)

#

Lilly sat next to the hospital bed, holding Guyth's hand. She had come every day since the battle inside Ine. Mory, Randy, and Nigel were awake and recovering. Guyth was the only one still unconscious. The doctors said he would awaken only when he was ready. Having friends visit might speed the process, so she came and sat with him for hours. Sometimes talking, sometimes just holding his hand. It hurt to see him like this, his color more gray then blue, his wings drooped.

"I miss you, Guyth. I miss your grumbling, your dour humor. I even miss the way you look at me when you think I won't notice. Thoughtful and a little hesitant, like you want to say something." Lilly sighed and brushed away a tear. They had all survived the encounter in cyberspace, even Lilla the demoness. No one was really the same, how could they be? Lilly felt she had changed the most. It was much harder to be cheerful and optimistic after all that had happened. She tried. She had managed to fool her friends. Only with Guyth did she let the mask fall. She forced herself to smile and brushed a stray lock of hair off his face.

"You need to wake up, Guyth." She whispered leaning over and kissing his forehead. Something squeezed her hand. She pulled back and saw Guyth's yellow eyes looking back at her, his skin bluer.

"My angel. Even here you guard me." His voice was rough.

"Guyth!" Lilly nearly pulled a Berty-chan and pounced him. She did hug him, mindful of the wires and tubes. "You're awake! Oh, I'm so glad! I must get the nurse." Lilly moved away, only to be stopped by his firm grip on her hand.

"Not yet, m'lady. I must say something."

"Guyth, please. Don't talk. You've been asleep for days." He shook his head and tugged. Reluctantly, Lilly sat down on the bed next to him and leaned closer. "You always were stubborn."

"I love you, Lillyflower."

"Wha...?" Lilly blinked at him. Had she heard right? Guyth smiled a little.

"I beg a salute, my lady, before the world intrudes. Please." Lilly blushed bright pink. A salute? Now? Well, he had said please. And he had saved her life. Taking a deep breath, she bent her head and kissed him. Her cheeks went pinker as he returned the kiss. Lilly reluctantly pulled away and disengaged her hand.

"I must get the nurse." She said breathlessly and ran out the door. Guyth smiled again, his lips tingling. Finally!

"Lilly! NO!!!" Guyth bolted upright, reaching for...nothing. Heart pounding, gasping, he looked around. Window. Monitors. IV. He was still in the hospital. Guyth sighed deeply and dropped back onto his pillow. The nightmare lingered in his brain, taunting him with images of Lilly being dragged away by thick black smoke. He was never going near cyberspace again. Neither was Lilly. He clenched his fists, remembering. The fear. The disgust. The desperation. He had left the safety of the group, his only concern saving the woman he loved. He broke the hold, pulled her to safety and took a near-fatal shot in the back. After that was fuzzy. All he could clearly recall was seeing Lilly standing over him, fists clenched and glowing with white fire. His personal angel. How had they gotten out of that horror? The door opened and the night nurse came in.

"Bad dream, Guyth?" The Labrador asked, fussing with his blankets. He hated fussing.

"Yes. It's over now."

"Would you like something to help you sleep?" She checked his IV and monitors.

"No, thank you. I'm fine." He suffered the routine check of his vitals quietly. The nurse smiled at him when she finished and handed him a book.

"Miss Lillyflower said to give this to you when you woke up. She'll be back tomorrow to help with your PT. She's quite a friend. You're very lucky."

"Yes. I am. Thank you." Guyth lowered his head and stared at the book.

"Try to get some sleep." The nurse left the room, leaving the bedside light on. Guyth stroked the cover. His mother's book. A piece of paper, neatly folded, was just inside the cover. He picked it up, unfolded it and read.

"Dear Guyth,
    I thought you might need this. I will be bringing your journal with me tomorrow so you can get back to your poetry. You should have plenty of material after what happened. Goddess knows I have.

Thank you, Guyth, for saving my life in that battle. You were very brave and I'm so very glad you are awake and doing better. I was worried, dear friend.

Love,
    Lillyflower"

"Do you, Lilly?" He whispered. Tucking the note back into the book, he turned off the light and lay down, the book tucked under his pillow. "Do you really?"

Three Weeks Later...

Lillyflower skipped to Mory's house from a poetry reading. She had a party to plan, a survivor party. Everyone was out of the hospital and life was finally getting back to normal. *knock knock*

"Yesh?" Mory answered the door, rubbing her eyes under her sunglasses.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Mory. Did I wake you?"

"No. Iz jusht gotsh up. Whatsh can Iz do for youze, Lilly?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to help me host a party this weekend. Something special to celebrate life. If not, I can host it at my house." Mory drummed her fingers against the door.

"That...might bez a good ideash, Lilly. But not heresh. Da Ine ish schtill recoveringsch."

"My house it is! I'll take care of everything. How's Randy?"

"Bettersch. Hesch schtaying with mez until hez can find hisch own plasche. Howsch Guyth?"

"I'm going to check on him next. He hasn't been at the poetry readings."

"Wellsh, hez wasch hit pretty hard."

"Yes, I know." Lilly looked down briefly, then beamed at Mory. "I'd better go make sure he isn't wallowing in morbidity. Take care, Mory."

"Schee yoush, Lilly."

-----

*knock knock*

"Now who could that be?" Guyth asked himself. Pushing himself off his couch, he limped over to the door. Living by oneself was not condusive to recovery, but he'd rather be alone then have someone fussing over him. Leaning against a nearby table, he opened the door. "Lilly?!"

"Hi, Guyth. May I please come in?"

"Um...if you insist." He pushed the door away, allowing Lilly entrance. She closed the door behind her as he limped back to the couch. He gasped when he felt her arm around his waist.

"You shouldn't push yourself, Guyth." She scolded. He draped his arm over her shoulder, deciding not to fight. It felt...nice.

"I suppose any protests I make will fall on deaf ears." He noted wryly. They reached the couch and he sat back down.

"I won't let you relapse, my good man. I worked too hard to get you back." Lilly said firmly, tucking a blanket around him. Guyth's voice failed him. She had worked too hard?

"What...do you mean, Lillyflower? And please, stop fussing. I despise fussing." She stopped fluffing a pillow, letting it drop to the floor. Kneeling beside him, she took his hand in both of hers. Guyth swallowed hard, determined not to show how affected he was. She looked so intense. So...beautiful.

"You were unconscious for three days, Guyth. It would have been longer if we hadn't found you. Mory, Randy and Nigel were also hurt. We split forces, Mordred came with me while the others stayed with the wounded. We had to break down the door, I'm sorry about that. You were..." Lillyflower's voice trailed off and she choked back a sob. Guyth gently squeezed their clasped hands. After a few seconds, she looked up, eyes shimmering. Guyth felt his own eyes start to burn. "You were barely breathing. Mordred called an ambulance. We rode with you to the hospital. The others recovered faster then expected, but you wouldn't wake up. I spent all three days beside you, worrying." Lilly's voice cracked and dropped to a whisper. "I was so afraid I'd lose you." Tears trickled down her cheek. Guyth couldn't take it. He pulled her into his arms, thinking only to comfort. She sobbed into his shoulder, arms wrapped tightly around his neck. Guyth closed his eyes and let his own tears fall.

Lilly felt a little silly. Crying all over Guyth. The poor guy was still recovering and now she'd soaked his nightshirt. Sniffing, she pulled back, trying to think of something to say. A handkerchief dangled before her eyes.

"Do not be embarrassed, my ladylove. Even your perpetual cheerfulness must succumb to tears once in a while." Guyth said gently, smiling. Lilly dried her eyes, then reached for his cheeks. Guyth pulled back, but she grabbed his chin and dried his face.

"And what kind of friend would I be if I didn't take care of you when you need it?" She countered, swiping under his left eye. He covered her hand with his, trapping the damp cloth against his cheek.

"You were always more then a friend to me, Lillyflower." Lilly gasped. Guyth's eyes were...glowing! His voice dropped to an intense whisper and Lilly's fur fluffed out. "I have loved you, deeply, since kindergarten. I will never stop loving you. No matter what. I dare to hope, after what I saw in cyberspace, that you hold me in some regard as well. If not, say so now."

"I..."

"Yes?" Guyth held his breath, waiting. Lilly was trembling, her fur so fluffed she looked like a puffball. He kept his observation to himself.

"I...care about you more then anyone else, Guyth. I don't know if what I feel is equal to yours, but..." Guyth laid a finger over her lips. She blinked at him and he stroked her cheek. So soft.

"That is all I need to know. My hope is justified. I can wait. Thank you." Unable to resist, he slid his hand under her hair and pulled her in for a kiss. To his delight, she didn't stiffen or try to avoid him. He kept it soft, gentle and quick, not wanting to frighten her. She knelt beside him, blinking, looking stunned. He waved a hand in front of her eyes, suddenly concerned. "Uh, Lilly?"

"Nightshirt!" They both jumped.

"What?"

"Your nightshirt is wet. Where do you keep them? I'll get you a dry one." Lilly bounced to her feet, all cheerful energy again.

"In the armoire, in my bedroom."

"Be right back!" Lilly dashed away, leaving Guyth to gape after her. Oh NO! His room! He struggled to untangle himself from his blanket.

Lillyflower threw open the door of Guyth's bedroom and bolted for the oak armoire dominating one wall. Her pulse was racing, her fur still fluffed, she needed to calm down. Yanking open the doors, she was confronted with all of Guyth's suits. Black and gray. White shirts. A woodsy, slightly tangy smell. No nightshirts. The drawers. She knelt and began rummaging through the top one. Stockings. Unmentionables...! Lilly snatched her hands back and blushed furiously. Oh, Goddess!! What was wrong with her? She shoved the drawer closed and leaned her forehead against the wood, breathing deeply. He had kissed her. Guyth had kissed her. Deliberately. He loved her. Since kindergarten! So what happened in the hospital hadn't been a fluke, something he asked for because he had just woken up from a nightmare. He loved her. The wonder filled her chest, making it hard to breathe. Guyth loved her! And she? How did she feel?

"Ah, Lilly?" She bolted upright, jerking around to the door. Guyth leaned against the frame, his nightshirt sticking to one shoulder. They both blushed and looked away.

"Um, what drawer?"

"The bottom one." Lilly turned back and opened the right drawer. His figure wasn't the result of a man-corset. She was oddly pleased. Pulling out a dry shirt, she closed the drawer and stood. Guyth was staring...at his bed? No, the memorial arranged on a nightstand. Lilly averted her eyes and walked over to him.

"Here you are. I'll wait just outside." She said, handing him the shirt.

"Uh. Yes. Thank you." Guyth took the shirt, looking at her intently. She smiled, one of her rare, true smiles.

"I'm still not sure what to think, Guyth, but I know this for certain. Whenever you need me, for whatever reason, I'll be here. No questions." Guyth smiled, his eyes getting soft. Lilly blinked rapidly. "Now, get changed before I start crying again. I do need to talk to you about something."

"As you wish." Lilly slipped past him, hearing the door close behind her. She sighed and hugged herself. Would wonders never cease?

Guyth smiled as he changed his clothes. It was a start. She knew and she hadn't run screaming or laughed or said "I'm sorry, but.." There was hope. Finding his robe, he pulled it on as well. Bad manners to parade in front of a lady in nightclothes. He glanced at the memorial by his bed. His mother smiled back at him.

"I know you approve, Mother. I hope her family will accept me, if my secret dream does ever come true. If not, at least I know I'm held in high regard in her eyes. That is enough. Thank you, Mother." He blew a kiss to the picture and walked out. A new beginning was waiting for him.

Inactive Member InfiniteStarfox's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great job! It's a nice romantic image of a possible outcome later on. It kinda broke through all the walls of angst built up over the years like a wrecking ball at a masonry convention, but that would be an expected result of going through a traumatic experience: realizing the true magnitude of other things in life and a more courageous and bold approach to things you truly desire in your heart.

*sigh* If only I had an angel like that to care for me, but alas! For I have chosen the path of the Comp Sci major, doomed to a life of nerdery to go along with the Air Force ROTC classes and the 6 other courses I have on my college plate. Romance? I don't think so. By now, it's pretty much a foreign concept!

Ah well, it's good to imagine SOME people finding love. Some guys, especially animated butterfly ones, have all the luck. Again, a quick, feel-good fanfic for the dreamers and the shippers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*snort*

My Dear Fox, I am a Queen Nerd. While the Air Force refused to accept me (childhood heart problems), I managed to find Wolf. Ok, so he found me, but STILL! We were Star Trek Nerds, you can't get much futher to the extreme Nerd end of the spectrum.

If we can find each other over time, space and sucky divorces, then YOU can find your ladylove.

Besides, I've always felt Guyth had lots of courage, he just kept it very well hidden. *nods sagely*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Well, that?s neat. Quite a decent piece of writing. Due to lots of stress in RL I didn?t have time to appreciate it earlier, but I?m positively impressed. Congratulations on your talent, Bloodsong, and thanks for sharing this with us. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awwww. *blush* When the Muse speaks one can only type as fast as one can.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Well said.