Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First off... becasue it needs to be done..

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!! NEW COMIC!!! NEW COMIC!!! YAH!! YAH!! YAH!! SWEET!!!!

*whew*

Now that I've got all that out. I did notice something odd. Looks like Eto decided to play a more personal hand in the comic. I don't really want to sound like an ass, but that does seem a little forced.
    It's still nice to have an update, and I did enjoy the "game" reference. Made me smile [img]biggrin.gif[/img] .

Here I go again with the talking. I think I'll shut up.... for now!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If I pressed THIS button I entered the reply subroutine immediately.. So much to THAT question underlined above [img]wink.gif[/img]

It is a unexpected turn for me that Eto enteres her own story herself and explains what's to do next to bring Randy back.

I'll still check the comic/forum daily and I'm very curious about what happens next...

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 26, 2003 05:01 AM: Message edited by: Curious Male Cat ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Me thinks the cat is trying to make a joke... nah... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

...the first sentence only... *smile*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yea.. I fugured that all out on my own.... ^_^

Becides your comment about the commic wasn't really funny. It was more of a..... statement... yea.. I'll go with that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Self-insertion can be a good thing. I tried it with a few of my own stories once. I never said it worked, but I got about 15 5-page stories from that line. I decided to kill it, bad critics you know. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm mainly scared that she'll do something stupid. I've read a few Self Insertion (SI) fanfics and they had some serious issues. So as long as she acts as an outside influence and not a driving force of the story I'll be happy. Unless she can make it work... then I'd be really impressed.

SI has got to be the hardest story to write because you can easily turn it into a story about you, instead of your characters. If you've ever read "Real life" [URL=http://www.reallifecomics.com/here[/URL]
    the artist does a good story about people in his life. It is a little silly though.

So I'll have to wait and see what the Eto has planned. Can't wait [img]smile.gif[/img]

Numair

BTW: Loved the tagline. the only thing is that you have to be able to learn from you mistakes to be smarter.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay. I'm obviously not doing this in the comic, so let me explain it here.

I guess I didn't clarify enough. The self-insertion was supposed to be a one-time gag. I had no way of gracefully transforming the plot, so my own character became a plot device, I came in, sent them in the right direction, and stepped out.

Please have a little patience. They call the week before finals "dead week" for a reason. I work retail and it's Christmas season. I was going to do comic today, but I'm a little emotionally frazzled from being lightly sideswiped in downtown Seattle traffic.

I'm sorry if I sound a little harsh, but I'm tired and a bit out of it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Well my friends do call me "Captain Oblivious". [img]wink.gif[/img]

I must have missed the message about what you had planned, and for that I am sorry. I really didn't want to sound like I'm bashing what you did, just making an observation. I really do understand the whole "Holiday Hells" that is the entire month of December. I actully just finished a project that I had to present on in front of the class. It accounted for a heafty persentage of my grade and I spend the last 4 days finishing it. So I know that your life is probably about ten times more busy then mine. So really.... we understand.

Mainly, I was trying to find a way to kill time and that guy did make that comment about SI stuff.

So I apologize for any hard feelings that my comment may have caused. If I did, I am truely sorry, I try not to sound like an ass all the time.

Numair

BTW: I loved the RPG reference. Gamer's of the world unite!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry Eto, I've seen your text too late and already replyed in a different topic before I've readen this here.

Have a nice Christmas season...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast