Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, don't worry - I'm overstressed and bogged down with crap too. (Case in point: the take-home final due today at 3 pm that I haven't even started yet.) Been a nasty quarter this past month or two... Haven't had to do anything like last spring, thank god, but a big research paper can *really* take it out of you!

I won't be relaxing until Thursday noon, and I have no intention of leaving my apartment after that until at least 24 hours have passed. Well, barring friends with movies, food, and maybe even drink inviting me over for some unwinding, of course. n..n

And, uh... yeah. I would like to meet sometime, at least to say "Hi" and such. Whenever will work for me, so long as I'm done with finals. n..n

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Okay here's a possibly interesting story. About three years ago I participated in a "Market Reasearch" thingy for some technology that never got off the floor. There I made friends with a fellow otaku and we spend most of the trip home talking about anime and computers. For thoes of you who don't know, Portland OR has a big mass-transit system and a train line called the max.

We exchanged e-mail and phone numbers so we could game at some point. I was really trying to get into a network gaming community, but I don't have the computer for it. [img]frown.gif[/img] Long story short, nothing really happened. He and I lost touch and I forgot about him. I had other things to deal with, like school.

Now fastforward to recent history. I recently got a job at a little known computer store called ENU. They sell hardware for some of the best prices in town. And we really mean it here.

So about 3 weeks after I start working another guy is hired on. Now at first he was just a new person that I didn't know untill someone from my old highschool walked into work.

He graduated a year before me and was really suprized to see me. He didn't recognize me at first. Mainly because I cut my hair reall short.

THat may not sound like much, but from 6th grade to 12th grade I had really long hair. I always took shit for it because "guys aren't supposed to have long hair". Dumbasses. Anyway, my nickname behind my back was the long-haired hippie freak, but really, I didn't care. I liked it.

After I graduated I decided to cut it to abouve my eyes because I didn't like it anymore.

After that guy from school left, my coworkers and I got into a disccusion about long hair, and the "New Guy" made a comment that he used to be a long haired brother too. So he wipped out his ID and low and behold, it was the guy from 3 three years ago.

He too cut his hair. he used to have a bif afro.

It was.... very suprizing to figure that out.

Well that's my SMALL WORLD!!! story, you guys have any??

Numair

BTW: I know this sounds really fruity, exspecially after reading over it. I just want to clarify that we're both guys, and it's just a normal friendship. But I bet most of you already guessed that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whoah. Small world, Eto, Soreth, you guys live about, maybe, 40 miles from where I live. Scary.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

My mother once had a friend at University or school. After some years, they lost sight of each other though. Although they lived not very far apart, my mother didn't know the address of her frind, who lives in Frankfurt, which is a big town, and it is nearly impossible to find one person there, and the friend had moved. I think they had lost touch, because the friend also lived in the USa for some years.

But after some years, I changed school to an english school in a big city near our town. I didn't know about my mothers friend then, and didn't know that this friend had a son, that is older than me. But one day, when my mother picked me up from school (we don't live in that big city, and I was too young to come home on my own from that big city anyway), I said something and for some reason called her by her first name. And fate somehow made it, that my mothers old friend also was just picking her son up from school, and heard me calling my mother by her first name. And then she noticed my mother was her old friend, and called out to her, to make sure.

It really is a small world.
    And a lucky coincidence too, if you know that the son was in Secondary school, and I was in primary school. At our school, secondary school has 45 minutes of school more than primary. And I was only still there in school, because I had had an after school activity (I think it was Tennis).

- [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12