Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

pictures will be in a later post.

Smallest high-power rocket I've built to date. Only about 2.5 feet tall, but beefy enough to get my L1 cert with. And it's almost all plastic, rather than lots of cardboard you gotta peel & fiberglass.

Maybe it's just me, but have never enjoyed laying fiberglass cloth & mixing epoxy to seal it all. Prolly count that as one of my LEAST favorite parts of rocket-construction.... [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry.
    This PML (Public Missles Ltd.) kit was so easy to put together, nearly completed the whole thing in one evening!

Already putting final filets on the fins. Only have to JB Weld the launch-lug to the nosecone transition & the thing's done! Made it so fast, didn't bother stopping to take pics.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is the edited pic. An image of mine.

mr1

I woulda LIKED to paint mine with accurate/standard military colors & finish, but unless your rocket uses ham-radio & GPS tracking, or has enough room for an electronic siren (which this won't. It's already packed just getting the shock-cords, piston & parachute stuffed inside!!) neutral or camouflage earth-tones aren't appropriate to a rocket you'll be searching for in the grassy fields or trees after a launch. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 16, 2008 08:33 PM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>