In short; it's really damn good. Though have worked with pyro mixtures & powders many times in the past (therefore, many of the safety precautions were redundant), I was ignorant about High-Power binders/Plasticizers/crosslinkers until reading McCreareys book.

Learn something new every day...

Although a relatively expensive book (@$60, comes with a CD-R that I haven't run yet) it's worth it for rocketeers whom want to make everything themselves (rather than constantly buying reload kits offa vendors).

Personally, find it satisfying at launches to have made as much as possible myself; rather than simply assembling a "kit" made elsewhere.

Never used a "premade igniter" on any rocket before. Always used something "Homedipped". Took some time to actually FIND a nice igniter-comp, and it seems some people consider it "privlidged-info".

It's very likely that I'll post the formula soon. Been told the stuff will fire-up anything, even hardest-to-light AMW propellants.

Only problem I have with the book is how much space is used talkling about 29mm loads, rather than 38 or 54mm. And perhaps too much text about BP-motors. Someone reading this text is likely WELL beyond lil Estes engines.