Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi fellow knitters, It was GREAT to come back to Theo's. I've missed everyone so much. Our group was so big today, 19 of us, that it is too hard to get all around the circle and visit with everyone. Just wondered what you all are working onl.

Right now, I am on the last piece of my Noro vest. Just finished up a baby bib from ONE SKEIN; a ribbed hat for my brother in Montana from One Skein Wonders out of a gray Donegal Tweed. Also have started a baby blanket from of course.....NORO. Current socks on DPs are Silver Thaw. Lastly, an Estonian shawl on Addi Turbo Lace needles...that is going very slow, but on the bright side the frogging is going very fast.

Happy birthday to Laura and Marianne!!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm still working on my Kauni cardigan, though I've been stalled as it's nearly time to start the sleeves and I need some serious "noodling" time to come up with how I'm going to do those.

I usually prefer to knit up my sts around the armhole and work downward. This lets me check fit and length more easily, plus it negates having to sew later.

I also usually prefer to dec on the top, ie the center, of the sleeve which in this case will break up the patt. I may be able to turn that to good aesthetic effect by doing a mirror-image patt, but want to do some charting to see how it will play out.

Maybe this weekend will present the time opportunity I need.

I've told a few of you about the other patterns I've seen using the Kauni variegated yarn. If you go to www.kauni.com then click on "WOOLKNITWARE" you can find catalogs of their designs. I don't read Danish, but I'm guessing they sell completed garments as opposed to these being kits. Of course you can also find the yarn they make, though it doesn't look they sell it at this site.

For that, you can go to http://funknits.com/. Note also the "Kauni KAL" (KAL = Knit A Long). Louise, I read through the recent comments on the KAL about the buttonband and I understand the problem better now. Anytime you do corrugated ribbing, it's bound to curl. It acts much more like stockinette instead of rib. That's because the stranding on the private side doesn't allow the P sts to recede like in a normal rib. The last time I made a corrugated rib, I ended up hemming it which works. But you can also add a 2-color garter band that has the same appearance as a corrugated rib. I'll be glad to show you how when you get there.

I won't see you next week; I'm leaving on the 8th to teach in Tulsa, OK. I've never been to OK before so am staying a couple of extra days to look around.

See you in 2 wks -

Joan
    [email protected]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been making a lot of hats lately. Right now I am working on the Inga hat:

http://eweniquefiber.blogspot.com/20...-inga-hat.html

I hope I can drop into Theo's soon to catch up with you all... I have a conflicting class in my schedule but sometimes we get out of chem lab early.

[img]graemlins/sheep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sheep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sheep.gif[/img] Happy knitting! [img]graemlins/sheep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sheep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sheep.gif[/img]

Megan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Megan, we miss you at knitting! I downloaded the Inga Hat and put it in my wish pile along with the Fingerless Cabled Mitts. I am starting the EZ Knitter's Almanac in January for a knit along with my daughter in Alaska. I have some xmas knitting to complete, but I am sure there will always be a little bag of mittens or socks in the purse! Sarah

Inactive Member Tracy Livernois's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Enjoyed knitting with you all yesterday. What a great group! I came in a couple weeks ago with no new ideas, now afer all your inspiration, have a bunch of new projects that I need to start now!

Inactive Member laurarose@jeffnet.org's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've finished my blankey, as those there last week know. Yesterday (Sun Nov 11), I went o a felting class at Creative Hands and "lo and behold" there were JJ and Lisa! What fun. JJ tyook photos, maybe she'll post some. Knit wise I thinkj I'll beworking on this turquoise cotton cardigan forever. Maybe it's time to start a chunky weight project for winter. I guess I could try to finish the over the knee knee socks I've had going for months before winter is over!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey! Sarah, it was so!!! good to have you back. We do just fine, really we do, when you are gone. But we all know that "someone" is missing.

On my needles....oh my. As usual, several projects. One is the ruffley shawl from the current Knitter's. I'm using Skacel laceweight in a burgundy color.
    Also, the log-cabin style baby blanket for a4A -- now that's got a deadline, I hafta get over to BF's and pick up some more cascade 220.
    Also two pair of socks: one in hot pink Jitterbug and a Cat Bordhi pattern; I'm passing the heel on the second one (top-down)! The other in STR browns and blue in a Knitty pattern that is much like the CB, in that the "gusset-y" expansion occurs on the instep. I'm on the leg of the first one (toe-up).
    Also, a green and yellow (go ducks!) Tomten for grandchild to-be-born-soon of friends. Getting very close to the hood. A shout-out to Marianne, who found *her* copy of the Vogue version of the pattern, when I couldn't find me! sigh.
    Hmmmm, what else. I'm getting close to starting a chemo cap for a pal in MD, who has just finished chemo (fingers crossed). Her name's Betty and some of you may remember her from her visit right around 4th of July this past summer. If you have a spare positive thought or prayer for her, I know it will be appreciated.
    That's pretty much it. I'm sure there are more, but that's what I can remember now. I had a lovely and productive weekend in ElLay with friends. I did tons of knitting while they did most of the work.
    Looking forward to Thursday.
    mm

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm working on yet another pair of socks and a laceweight scarf. The scarf is cashmere from Black Sheep--I finally got some lace needles and will try again to get this going. I finished two pair of the fingerless mitts--one for me and one for Christmas. Both in a Noro yarn with cashmere.
    I will not be at Thursday knitting until about mid-December since I am going to be gone this Thursday, then it is Thanksgiving, and then my husband and I are travelling to El Salvador and Honduras. I'll miss the knitting group but will be taking socks along to knit on the trip.
    Karen Wolke