Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey there. To those who are organizing/compiling info about future retreats, can you please post the info you have here? (including $ required, if applicable). I'm trying to plan out my fall (god help me) and I'd really love to include a knitting event. Thanks for all your work!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Meredith asked about retreats. Taking the broadest definition -- the first one that comes to mind is Thursday, the 23rd of Aug. We're all invited to Donna's house from 10am to 5pm. Potluck lunch. No other costs involved. If you haven't been there, it's a treat to see: a large Dutch colonial style house, just a few steps from the river on N. Adams.

The second one that comes to mind is Silver Falls, the weekend of Sept 14-16. This is a state park just east of Salem. I'm going -- for the first time -- and I know of two other Theo's knitters who will be there. Maybe the ones who've been before can speak about its attractions. There are places left, or at least there were last week. Contact: Su Fennern email:
    [email protected]
    Two nights cost $138. Includes lodging and meals.

Joan and I will both be at Stitches East in Baltimore in October -- she because she's teaching, me because it gives us an excuse to see our grandchildren and we'll be taking a quick vacation on the Eastern Shore.

The next "big" event is Stitches West, which will be in February in the bay area. Again, Joan and I will both be at that one -- this time, no excuses, just plain "I like to take classes and I love to shop at the market." And that market is awesome!

cheers!