Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Finally I have had enough time to sit down and design a deck to be proud of. I was humiliated a few days ago getting beaten by a 9 year old in front of an audience of 5 others at a kid's conference, and he didn't even fully know how to play. I do not want a repeat so tried this, so far very successful, deck (4 wins in 5)

No evangelism!! Win only by "Time is short". Loads of teaching gifts to get to "Time is short" quickly (Blessings, timely word, equipping, oracles of God, focused teaching etc.) plus maturing cards (hearing the word and Revelation). The Enemy deck consists of loads of anti-evangelism and pride (only stronghold). Hard hearts (for the time is short), unteachables and "many shall fall" as well as the all important "Dryness". Start with 3 Christians who begin on 3 maturity... whahey!! You should get Time is short out turn 1, 2 or at worst 3. Then its a case of stalling your opponent, stopping him getting anyone saved and playing "Dryness" whenever possible [img]smile.gif[/img] . Very fast, very fun, very annoying to your opponent [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Anyone else got an interesting deck that works? Post it here

Nathan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Hey Nathan!
    Would 'Revealing Hidden Sin' be a weakness to you deck? (Maybe there wouldn't be enough time involved in an average game for that to matter.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kenny!! Good to have you online. Actually there are a few weaknesses, that is one but as long as a hard heart has landed on someone BEFORE then you should be okay. Also if one gets played hopefully you can counter it with a pride card. One the most dangerous things is getting your teacher removed, then you are stuffed. I got beaten today when my brother played "Disobedience" on my teacher, he was protected by "Allegiance" but that didn't help. What was even more frustrating is he used MY teacher's "Oracles of God" to then get out the maturing cards he needed to overtake me and win... grrrr. It was fun though, the game totally turned. Games gets very unpredictable with "The Time is Short" out.

How are the group in FL doing?

Nathan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Burton has been unstoppable over here. No one can beat him! Then again, we are still playing with enhanced starter decks. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] We're getting there! I have been using a 'quick mature' deck designed to need only one evangelism. It does O.K. [img]wink.gif[/img] I've got another strategy in the works. Cool game Nathan. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Hey, now don't be too impressed by Nathans deck, its clever, but far from unbeatable, in fact we won a game each when i played him, and i've improved my deck since then!!! Still, i'd better not brag, or he'll make a better one [img]confused.gif[/img]

My deck is heavily evangelistic, my starting characters have +2, +1 and +1 bonuses, it uses prophecy and serving for backup, very clever deck methinx, still needs a bit of work, i need another mentoring, and some more games to work it out.....just umm, don't ask about the enemy deck!! nah, its not too bad its getting there! It's not too good against mr. Ezekiels deck though, because he doesnt evangelise, and my enemy deck has a lot of anti-evangelism [img]mad.gif[/img]

i'll forgive him, and just make sure i put lots of "redeeming the time" in my deck before i next play you eh nath [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ^
    bounce!

(it took a while, but i finally got mentoring!)