Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Hello everyone,

My name's Burton, Nathan first taught Kenny, my brother, and myself how to play the Mission at a National Tournament for Redemption and we've been hooked since. I just have some question about gameplay and other things.

1) What happened to the other posts that were on this board, I came here awhile ago and there were more and I was hoping to catch up on some things.
    [EDITED!!! Check out the drop down box on the right side of the summary page]
    2) If you run out of cards in your mission draw deck and you try to evangelise how do you determine the response number, or is there none?

3) If I'm trying to evangelise and lets say I have a person that has been pumped up to +4 for evangelising and I go for someone that has a response number of 4. Do I have to draw a mission card for the response number?

4)When do countdowns turn?

5)When does the next expansion come out?

I'll post more question as they come up when we play. Thanks for the help.

-Burton [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 02, 2003 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Burton_ ]</font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 04, 2003 05:03 PM: Message edited by: YodaTravis ]</font>

Inactive Member hojothemonkeyman's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's another question I had. By using the spirt of lust card(If a dual character lust card is played on this Christian and this Christian meets the conditions, then the other Christian need not meet the conditions if they have maturity 3 or less) Does this mean I can play fling on two male characters since it says if one meets the requirement then the other need not. And fling says it must be one male and female, so by having one male the other one doesn't need to meet the requirements.

Just a thought,
    Burton

Matthew 16:26 "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? "

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In answer to question 1: you can change the number of posts displayed by editing the dropdown box on the summary page of this forum.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not very experienced at this, but I'll try to answer what questions I can. I haven't had the opportunity to play very much, but I'll share what I've learned.
    1. I have no idea what keeps happening to the old posts. I've been wondering about that myself.
    2. I believe you reshuffle your deck. I think it's only allowed once per game and if you run out of cards in your mission deck a second time, then you automatically lose the game.
    3. I think you're required to draw a card anyway.
    4. I think it's at the beginning of the turn, but I'm not sure. I do know that I read about it in the instruction manual, so check it out there.
    5. September is the date that they've mentioned on this chat board before.
    I hope that helps. All of the answers to your gameplay questions 2,3,4 can be found in the instruction booklet(even though I can't remember them all) I'll check it out and write again later when I've looked them up to be certain. That way I can refer to the page in the manual where the information is found. I hope that helps for now! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Hi Burton,

Glad to have some more activity on the board. I was beginning to think the rulebook was so efficient as to stop any rules questions... [img]confused.gif[/img] . RPG director was basically right with all of them.

1. Been answered, change the drop down menu options.

2. RPG Director is right.

3. He's right again, you must draw.

4. Countdown cards tick at the end of the disengage phase. There is a pretty detailed description in the rulebook as to what happens if several countdown turn at once and how to resolve the order. This only usually matters if one of them is "Time is Short". Effectively this means that a countdown card is out for 2 full turns and 2 partial turns before it hits.

5. Heading for September as mentioned.

As for the condition point you are not quite correct. "Conditions" is a game term meaning the icons in the centre of the text bar. It does not mean the "Christian/Bound soul/Field" icon, Kairos or any text in the effect. Therefore an effect limited by "must" is not affected by cards that avoid conditions. e.g. with Grace out you may not play "Confidence" on a Christian who has not just saved a soul nor can you play Basic Doctrine on anyone not maturity 1 due to the "must" in the effect. Nor can you play Fling between 2 men with Spirit of Lust out, as your example.

Hope this helps,

Nathan