Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to see more people take interest in this awesome game so I thought I'd start with some basic strategies for The Mission. I'm going to list a few and talk about the basic ideas. Before I begin I realize not everyone reading this plays the game and may have just stumbled upon it. Please check it out at www.getthemission.com.

1.The Maturing Deck
    For this deck type your goal is to mature the christians you have and not worry about evangelizing (exscuse the spelling)as much. Now I realize you have to have 1 sucessful attempt to win but mainly you want to mature the christians you have. Below I'll list some cards that will help this deck type.

Prayer-remember you can use as many as you want so make use of that

Basic Doctrine-good at the right time

Church Meeting-big gain if you're willing to pay the engaging price.

Study of the word-small price for gaining 2 maturity

2.Evangelism Deck
    This is the type of deck I'm running right now. It is basiclly the opposite of the maturing deck. You don't focus on gaing a lot of maturity imediatly. You want to get as many people in your church as you can.
    Here are some helpful cards for this deck type.

Expanding vision-the more bound souls on the field the better

Offer of life-common and unlimited

Street preaching-multiple attempts

Friendship evangelism-attempt with a bonus

3.Enemy Decks
    I'm running out of time so I'll have to do this quick. This deck focuses on slowing your opponents progress more than helping your own. I'm just gonna list these cards.

Enticed, Backslide, Explosion, God resists the proud, Mlicious tongue, many others

I hope this has shown you some of the different deck types. Please post any thoughts you have.

Rocker17022

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Zack,

Nice to see a post on here again.

I have mentioned this really nifty strategy before but its worth mentioning again because it provides a great variation on the maturing deck and it has been VERY successful for me. Admittedly it requires a lot of rare cards but it is well worth it (card effects placed in asterisks after titles):

Effectively you forego the need to get a bound soul saved by using the "Time is Short" card. *countdown (three turns it takes effect) the game ends whoever has the most victory points is the winner* You then include no evangelism cards at all. This presents a couple of obvious difficulties. Firstly you can only include one copy in your deck and secondly even if the Time is Short is on the table how do you make sure you have more victory points when it ticks into action?

The answer to both problems is mainly by Teaching cards and by starting with high maturity. A Must have character is Collin with his 3 starting maturity and level 3 teaching. The other good characters are Daniel (4 maturity) and someone with high maturity and teaching. You then want the following cards in your mission deck:

Allegiance x3 *This character will not backslide*(important for Collin)

Oracles of God x3 *Trade a card in your hand for one in your deck. Teaching Level 3* (Hmmmm how could this be used?)

Focussed Teaching x3 *Remove any number of cards in your mission deck from the game. Teaching level 3* (Let's dump those unecessary cards eh? Ooo look Time is Short will be in my next hand)

Equipping x3 *Look at the next three cards, draw one, discard two. Teaching level 1* (I can see a theme developing)

Various maturing cards (Any really)

Powerful teaching *Fellow Christians gain 1 maturity. Teaching Level 2*

Blessing *Draw two cards and discard a card from your hand*.

As soon as you get either an oracles of God or a time is short you get Time is Short into play. RESIST THE URGE TO INCLUDE ANYTHING THAT DOES NOT HELP YOU GET TO THE ALL IMPORTANT TIME IS SHORT.

With a well constructed Mission deck of minimum cards you should be able to get The Time is Short in play on the first turn or at least the second.

For the Enemy deck I chose pure Pride. I know its annoying but it works. Cards like Unteachable *Counter a mission card. Pride 1* and the very useful Hard Heart *This Christian contributes no Victory Points. Pride 2* as well as God resist the Proud *This Christian goes shaky. Pride level 3* to catch anyone with a problematic stronghold. Then other than 3 obligatory Dryness *Remove your hand from the game. The phase ends* to eat up valuable "ticking" time you can stuff it with anti evangelism cards (unresponsive, unholy atmosphere etc.) and cards to boosts strongholds (Sleeping, Crept in etc.).

With this deck unless the opponent takes out Collin before you slap an alegiance on him, or the pesky "Fear of stepping out" or the occasional prophecy card that dumps out Time is Short from your hand (arg!) you should win this rather quick game and have a lot of fun doing so then hearing "Hang on you don't have any evangelism cards". Maybe this deck is a little theologically off but its fun.

Comments on this? Anyone who tries it I would love to hear how it worked for you.

Also it is a shame a player base hasn't really taken off in the US yet. If anyone wants to get a group going please e-mail me and I will help however I can "[email protected]". Also if you guys buy from stores can you let me know where you get your cards? Thanks.

Nathan