Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Hi,

I will be checking posts regualrly and answering questions and comments about the game. So fire away...

Nathan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey,
    2 questions:

1. Can you play enemy cards on your own Christians? I would assume not but...

2. If a steady christian loses his/her last Maturity by a card that does not say "min 1" what happens?

Thanks,

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The answers are as follows, and both appear in the rulebook (p12 and p17)

1. No, Enemy cards must be played on the opponent's Christians only.

2. If a Christian loses their last maturity point they become shaky and on 1 maturity.

Keep any questions coming I will answer them, that saves you having to trail through the rulebook to find the answers. If a question is raised that is not covered in the rules (therefore no reference is given) then my reply will be the official ruling. Hopefully that will not happen very often.

Nathan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a question. In The Mission rulebook, it says that "Only one copy of any card is allowed on a Christian unless stated otherwise." (pp19-20)Does this also apply for bound souls? For example, can I play two Blinded cards on one bound soul so that evangelism attempts on the bound soul will suffer a -2 bonus? Thanks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oops [img]redface.gif[/img] , the rule should read CHARACTER and not CHRISTIAN. Because the answer is "no". Only one copy of any card is allowed on any character so you cannot play 2 Blinded or 2 Prayer for souls cards on the same bound soul. They could have one of each though. Thanks for pointing that out.

Nathan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A few questions came up in tonights game (the 2 hour one with one of those "quick" evang decks lol):
    1. Does "In His Perfect Will" (SA - M cards that are played on this Chr. are unaffected by Enemy cards. CAn't be countered)apply to indirect cards?
    Like Controling Spirit (SA - All gifts on all Christians in this Church lessen by one) when not played (or played) on a Christian (with IHPW and a level 3 gift) Can I play a card that needs a level 3 gift? Wouldn't that evil card be hindering me; therefore IHPW sould let me play it, right?

2. Covering (SA - Activate/Kiros engage the Chr. Redirect an E card destined for a fellow Chr. to this Chr.) What happens if this Chr. (using Covering) doesn't have the needed stronghold to play the card?

3. Not much to this one but... Rebellion In it's SA it states: redirect that card or banish it and draw an E card Now I can read this 2 ways
    a. I draw an E card no matter what I pick for the Either...or
    b. I can only draw an E card when I banish the card.
    a. is the one I would think but...
    Thanks,
    OurGodlivz

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Hi William,

Good questions, the answers are as follows...

1. "In His Perfect Will" only affects the mission cards played on the Christian and not the Christian him/herself. So with "Controlling Spirit" in play the Christian has lower gifts and so the level 3 gift card can't be played on the Christian. Once the Christian with IHPW is determined to be a legal target of the Mission card then the card and effect with it is unaffected by Enemy cards. Here are some examples

Example 1. Christian with "indifference" and "IHPW". This Christian can evangelise with cards like "Offer of life" as the Christian IS a legal target as indifference states "this Christian will not evangelise" and not "evangelism cards cannot be played on this Christian". But this Christian couldn't evangelise with cards like "Hitting the street" or "Church on a Mission" as they are not played ONTO the Christian.

Example 2. Christian with IHPW and a fellow Christian with "Offense". Counselling CAN be played on the IHPW Christian to remove the "Offense" because the counselling card is unaffected by the "Offense".

Example 3. Christian with IHPW and affected by "tiredness". Cards can't be played on the Christian as the "tiredness" means that Mission cards can't be played on them so he/she is not a legal target to begin with.

If in doubt check the wording.

2. The whole point of "Covering" is to force the opponent into targeting the intercessor. If the intercessor does not meet the conditions then the card is countered and discarded.

3. The answer is "b" actually. You can redirect the card to your Christians if they meet the conditions by the way, see p23 of the rulebook. If you drew a card either way it would read "...Then you may either redirect that card or banish it. Draw an Enemy card [Discard]" The "or" always seperates the 2 options in that sentence.

Hope this helps.

Nathan