Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hi,

Has anyone held a local tournament yet? If so how did it go and what system did you use?

I had hoped to be setting up tournaments myself but unfortuneately I need to be getting another print run arranged as well as start movement on the second set. But if anyone has run a tournament or is thinking or running one please keep in contact via the board or by e-mailing me direct.

Thanks,

Nathan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't held one yet, but I'm getting ready to. I'm preparing to push The Mission in my store and have decided that a sealed deck tournament is the best way to introduce a new game. So, last night, my brother and I playtested sealed deck to see how it would work. Here is what we found.
    Each player needs half of a starter deck A or B and four booster packs. We tried three boosters, but I didn't get enough enemy cards to build a tournament legal deck. We also found it was necessary to trade with your first opponent in order to get what you needed. We allowed 15 minutes for deck building and 45 minutes for the game. It worked great! I can't wait to try it out in a tournament at my store. I'll write back later to tell everyone how it went!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool beans,

I have to confess that I have never entered a sealed deck tournament before but what you suggest sounds good. I am really looking forward to your feedback.

Nathan