Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Much as I dislike trying to put everything in a box, any game that is based around Christian life like The Mission is going to present some kind of model of the life we have chosen (or did He chose us!? [img]wink.gif[/img] )

I want this thread to be a discussion of life how it is portrayed or suggested in The Mission. What are life's goals? What is the goal of the church? How do Christians and the unsaved differ? What about the Enemy? How does he attack us? Does he even attack us? What is our job? What is the church? Does sin restrict us? What about habits? On top of all these questions individual cards contain messages in both the writing, artwork and the effect they have on the game. What about the artwork? Is it a fair representation of things in the spirit?

This is what I want the game to do. Not to tell you but merely to suggest and get you thinking. As I have said my personal outlook on life has changed since my young eager days of designing The Mission while at Bible School. How do you think The Mission should be changed when (if) a new set gets released?

Nathan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hello in Jesus? name!

A small time before I found the mission, i thought of looking into getting a game for a small diversion every once in a while. However, even during relaxing time, there?s time to learn and grow, so i didnt want to get a board game or otherwise when i could get an equal game that teaches something. i remembered my long gone magic days and started tossing around ccg ideas in my head.

?it should be realistic! when the players are done examing the works of satan, they should think to themselves after the game ?If someone were playing againts me, what card would they use on ME???

I ran into mission a few days later and was hook. I dropped big $$$ into it and have had fun. It?s a shame there?s not many card players, but me and my wife are movin to mexico anyway! would like someone to trade cards with tho!

Again, i really enjoy mission, i want it to continue, it?s horrible the state of Christian gaming, no one supports them. Why does the mormon church have so much money? forced tithes, what a conviction towards real christians, we should be giving out of love and sacrifice, yet the mormons surpass us! when a christian gets a good job, he thinks about himself not ?maybe God is giving me a good job so i can support those missionaries.? Que lastima!

So anyway, back to the topic.
    Ezekiel guy, thank you. The cards make me think about myself, the artwork is great. (My only complaint might be ?lustful intensions? and ?revealing hidden sin? which i think are slightly too graphic, in their own separate ways of course).

Be unrelenting in showing real life, so when i play mission i think about what cards satan is playing on me, what strongholds is he exploiting?

>> How do you think The Mission should be changed when (if) a new set gets released?

You mentioned something about getting the unsaved to play. However, i believe that getting the unsaved to play to get them converted, and getting christians to grow, are opposite game styles. I cant see how you can have both in one game. The christian needs solid food, the unsaved needs to see his sin.

This is where i differ, i can?t see how any nonchristian can be convicted of his sins and his excuses disarmed through any medium other than one to one sharing. Sure some limited ground can be gained, but why in the world would two unsaved people say to themselves

Unsaved Person A: ?hey lets go play this game (or what this movie, or whatever)?

Unsaved Person B: ?yah is it good??

A: ?Well it?s going to show that we?re living as enemies of God, and what we hold dear in this life is an abomination to him and we deserve eternal **** for it. If it?s true, we?ll have to abandoned what we think is right, for what the holy benevolent creator knows to be good. Instead of our 20gig **** collection and illicit sex which gives us worldly pleasure for now and will leave us cold and empty and in **** , he says he offers righteousness so we won?t be found naked and guilty when the day in which he judges the world in righteouness comes. We broke God?s law, he paid our fine through Jesus. He can create in us a clean heart and give us new desires. And though he promises trial, tribulation and persecution; if we trust in him like a parachute steadfast till the end, we?ll enter into his eternal rest and hear him say ?Well done, you good and faithful servant!??

B: ?Joy!?

Ok i went overboard, i dont mean to step on toes, but i honestly believe that we must reach the unsaved one on one. Getting them to listen to our CDs, play our games, watch our TV wont convict them of sin.

Ok im done! more later maybe! give me your thoughts, brothers.

====
    Yikes? you cant say H3ll here?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for that it was very well thought out. I agree with you that a non-Christian is unlikely to play the game for any spiritual reasons although I beleive that it we produce a game that is better (more enjoyable) then they may overlook the Christian elements. Unfortunately there is no way we can complete with the big boys in the secular market as they have far more money.

In regards to your emphasis on personal sharing I agree in part but consider this: When Christ walked the earth and talked to the common people he spoke in parables. Paul also spent time with Jews by showing them Christ revealed in the law whereas to Gentiles he reasoned with them based on principles in the earth and philosophy. When we share with people there is little good in preaching the bible unless they think of the bible as some kind of authority. We take our common ground and then build on that to demonstrate Christ. God is clearly evident in the world we live in and the feelings we have inside.

I think there is a big place for Spirituality, especially Christian, to come back into entertainment and art. It always used to be. Now although I don't think many people will suddenly get saved when they play a game, watch a film or see some art I do think it contributes to an atmosphere that is favourable. A lot of people haven't really considered God as they are distracted by busyness, life and lies. What if at every turn and in their entertainment they repeatedly come face to face with the reality of the spirit world?

Being English I read of the old times when all art was religious and Christ and God was taken for granted by everybody. Everything was seen through the glasses of a spirit world and most people were genuinely God fearing. Instead of trying to defend our little corner of the church and trying to sell our story on the streets and with our friends I think a lot can be done by invading the culture in every form possible. Let's get people to "consider their ways". I do not suggest The Mission is doing that. It is in fact available in the Christian market which is effectively an extension of the church and very far from secular culture, but I think doing stuff in the culture overall is more helpful. Although yes it is important to teach the bretheren I think the thing I would love to teach people more than anything is to get out there and invade every area. Instead of standing on the river bank of church and casting a fishing line into the water of the world why not get in a boat, sail into the middle of it and let down some big nets? The boat is the Lord who is the one who will "keep you from stumbling and present you faultless before His presence in glory". Why are we frightened?

Inactive Member christianscientology's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Model of Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
    What are life's goals? What is the goal of the church? How do Christians and the unsaved differ? What about the Enemy? How does he attack us? Does he even attack us? What is our job? What is the church? Does sin restrict us? What about habits?
    The best "God spoke to me" testimony I ever heard was that or Oral Roberts:

Oral Roberts once prayed to know, "How can I know Jesus?"
    He was answered:

"Read MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE, JOHN,
    and The Book of ACTS- THREE times in THIRTY days!"

He said that he did it on his knees.
    At the end of the thirty days, he testified,
    he now knew Jesus better than he knew any man
    on the Face of the Earth!

It gets very sickening, when Christians now want to produce card games and video games, and rock music and such stuff, calling them means of preaching The Gospel.
    Anyone who knows what the real Gospel is should be embarrassed to be involved with this frivolity.

Jesus left the security of the ship to his Disciples, and went to sleep, expecting that whatever happened, his Disciples would take care of it. To his expressed disappointment, his Disciples woke him to report that they were in danger of sinking- so he had to get up and tell the storm stop. Then the Disciples, who had been taught from their youth how Joshua stopped the Sun and Moon in the sky, were amazed that someone should put this knowledge to practical use.

When Tsunamis hit Japan, and Hurricane hit America all it means is that there is no one in those entire regions who takes The Bible seriously, and that all they are doing is playing silly games.