Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hey Guys, I was wondering does anyone know if you send in your doll for a head or limb replacement, will they tighten the limbs as well? I was just curious because I wasn't sure if that was an additional cost or not, or if they did this at no charge since they were replacing the limbs or head. Thanks so much for your help! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ashley1972

When I sent my dolls in for head replacements they tightened the limbs free of charge. They did this at least 4 times so I think it's something they do every time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much! I was hoping they would do this because my new Lindsey is Loosey Goosey!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sent a doll in for a head replacement and they did not tightened the limbs (and she needed it).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Our Kit has to go in for loose legs and I'm hoping since they have to bypass her arms they will just tighten them up too.

CS said to send her in as a Wellness visit and that should take care of all the tightening.
    Lindsey went last year for very loose legs, then it was a "reattachment" so I'll just send a note with.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When we sent our Molly in for a new head they didn't tighten our limbs either and Molly's legs are so loose.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sent in my pm Samantha and Addy to the hospital and specifically requested they tighten the limbs. We sent them in as wellness visits. The dolls came back looking great--my Addy had the starts of silver eye and they had to replace her head and limbs--but they were both still loose!

At the time I thought maybe that's just the way they did things. I wasn't heavily into the boards yet. [img]frown.gif[/img]

But now that I've restrung an AG, I can tell my pm Sam wasn't even opened up for the process. When I restrung rescued Sam, her body was much firmer after being restuffed. My Sam is just as soft and squishy as she has been for years now, from all the time I spent playing with her at a young age.

Blegh. Also make sure you include a note stating you want neckstrings! Otherwise you'll be stuck with a plastic ring ziptie thingie. This is one thing they did right for us.

pm Addy and Sam were both test dolls from when PC decided to send out a few dolls with these plastic rings to test the waters and see what customers thought. Seeing as I got my Sam when I was a little girl, I thought it was funny she didn't have strings like my friend's doll, but I loved her all the same and ignored it.

We called AG and asked about it and they replaced the plastic for strings free of charge on both dolls.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much for all of the responses. I kinda had a feeling I wouldn't luck out with them tightening the limbs on her, I guess it was wishful thinking. I'll of course see if they do decide to tighten her limbs, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I think I'm going to try and be brave and restring her myself if it comes down to it. Thanks again guys! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They didn't tighten Addy's. In fact, she even got a limb replacement to match the new head and she came back loose!