Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Furniture question

rosyall6

Hi, I've just got a question about which type of AG furniture some of you out there might recommend as the most playable and worth the cost.

I don't have any furniture yet, but I'm definitely leaning toward acquiring some in the (hopefully near!) future. I'm leaning toward one of the trunks (Samantha's or Molly's) because the little drawers and mirror look like fun, and also I like the way you can open their trunks up and then it's almost like the doll is in a little room of her own.

Or do you think it's more useful to have one of the beds or one of the table and chairs sets?

Those of you who have Samantha's and/or Molly's trunks, can you recommend one over the other?

Thanks!

Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have (and am selling) both Sam's and Molly's trunks- I have two of each because my collection is so large and decided to part with one. I like samantha's much better. The metal develops a nicer patina over time and the fabric like outer casing does not dent or scratch like Molly's- that is driving me crazy!!! They are both designed the same inside. They are cute but not terribly practical for storage. As I said, the complete collections for the dolls do not fit in TWO trunks. If your collection is limited, I say go for the trunk. They are nicely done.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it all depends on how big your collection is going to be...I have found that I want furniture that all the dolls can use in any time period....and it doesnt really have to be AG.....a living room scene can be made from lots of different items...some you can do yourself...tables, jewel boxes make nice furniture pieces...candle lamps make nice table lamps..and as far as beds.....a bed of choice one you like....some of them will work with all the dolls and time periods just by changing the bed linens...kitchen pieces can be picked up rather inexpensively on Ebay...little stove sink and refrigerator...
    Mary

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Personally, I love the tables and chairs for displaying the food and dishes on. They are normally my first choice. Then the school desks, beds, and nightstands. The nightstands are a neat cheap(er) way of getting some furniture for bedtime that can display the nighttime necessities and look like the dolls are ready for bed before I can afford the bed. I haven't bought any trunks because they are so big and I don't really have room for them, and from what I've heard they aren't the most practical if you have a large collection. I do plan to get Kirsten's, but mostly because I want to complete her collection. Since the other dolls I have are missing retired things, I'm not as concerned with finishing their collection and getting the trunks, though I'd pick them up if I found them significantly cheaper than AG.

Sail-Away

Don't get a trunk if you plan on expanding your collection very far. I can only get a few sets of Samantha's clothing into her trunk. I have actually found it to be less and less useful for her items and have sent it to the back of the closet. I would go for another dolls trunk first before I would get this one. Or get some furniture which is far more interesting.

rosyall6

Thanks for the feedback! From the photos in the catalogs and online I had suspected Samantha's and Molly's trunks might be too small to be very useful as storage - your comments confirm this. They still look so cute, though. Too bad they're so much $$.

I love the nightstand/table idea as a way to display more accessories. I'll need to ponder that one... Anyone have a favorite nightstand?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: Furniture question

Hey! The quality of furniture and the right choice of material is a frequently asked question.

There are 5 main options for materials from which wooden furniture is made:

1. Particleboard
    2. Fiberboard
    3. MDF;
    4. Veneered boards:
    5. Solid wood.

I want to note that these are only BASIC materials, no one says that there are no other materials anymore, it is just that it is often expensive for the pleasure of having furniture from rare rocks.

Also used:

Leather
    Leatherette
    Textile
    Plastic
    Metal

If you want something special and exotic. I want to share with you my opinion on my purchase of a Mennonite table. If you have never heard of such material, I advise you to read it, click here. If we talk about personal feelings, this material looks very strict and minimalistic. I think this material is worth complementing the interior of your home. It will accentuate your decor like the cherry on the cake.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Hey guys! Do you aware of any good furniture stores where I can buy a table? Thanks in advance!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Hey guys! Do you aware of any good furniture stores where I can buy a table? Thanks in advance

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Hey guys! Do you aware of any good furniture stores where I can buy a table? Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast