Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK I looked through my old catalogs from 1988 to 1995 and here's what I found!

Holiday 1988

<u>school set</u>
    PBJ sandwich is dark colored
    carrot is long and non textured

<u>Christmas regular display page</u>
    wooden ballerina doll with blond hair raised arms
    snowglobe has dark wooden base with snowman with black hat, red scarf
    nurse doll has open/close eyes, red cape, black shoes

<u>in full collection display </u>
    ballerina doll is wooden
    Snow globe has wooden base, snowman has green scarf and mittens
    nurse doll has blue trimmed cape, black purse, white shoes

Holiday 1991
    <u>school</u>
    carrot is textured
    PBJ is light colored

Holiday 1992
    wooden ballerina doll with blond hair raised arms
    snowglobe has dark wooden base with snowman with black hat, red scarf
    nurse has open/close eyes, red cape, black shoes

Holiday 1993 catalog
    Molly's dress has no buttons
    the book has new illustrations
    ballerina is white with blond hair
    snow globe has dark wooden base with snowman sitting down wearing black boots and hat
    nurse doll has painted eyes, red cape trimmed with blue, black purse, white shoes

spring 1995 catalog
    Xmas dress has buttons
    new illustrations
    Ballerina white with clasped hands
    Snow globe has red plastic base, snowman with broom, red earmuffs, striped scarf, green mittens and boots, red package

Images in my catalogs album
    #s 98-107 are new

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 15, 2004 08:01 PM: Message edited by: QNPoohBear ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by MapleLeaf:
    Thanks for all that great information Robin. I wanted to ask you if you had noticed Molly's doll arms. I looked through my Christmas 1989 catalogue and Holiday 1994 catalogue. I think Molly's doll has changed 3 times. The original with the shorter hair, then in my Holiday 1994 catalogue her arms are turned inward and finally the latest version where her arms are straight down.
    Did you see that as well Robin?
    Nia
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thanks for pointing that out I hadn't noticed but I'll scan it and take note!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also noticed that 1988 Molly has fuller, longer bands, 1993 Molly has ends on her braids that turn under, (like mine!) and 1995 Molly's braids are trimmed neatly. I like 1993 Molly the best!

courtneysunshine

I'm still confused [img]confused.gif[/img] So my Molly's Christmas dress is the older '86 version but it has no tag to date it with. The Christmas box is ?? The snowglobe is definitely AG but it doesn't seem to show up anywhere. Nia said the doll was from '9. I sure wish my seller knew for sure when she got everything. It doesn't really since I love her anyway, but now that I have a mystery here, I want to find out [img]smile.gif[/img] Maybe I could email Pleasant Rowland [img]wink.gif[/img]

Kim

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kim, it's a mystery and Molly's not telling [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img] Meg has a ballerina doll that doesn't show up in the catalog and I also saw a DIFFERENT one on ebay so... I don't know what to tell you!

courtneysunshine
    Robin when you said that I had this image of someone tying Molly up and doing the Chinese Water Torture on her to get her to talk....I know sick right? I personally think we should all come up with a collector's guide to AG collecting and split the profits among ourselves. Then we would all make enough to attend the Convention in NY [img]wink.gif[/img]

I really do appreciate all the work you have done. It makes me appreciate even more the rich history you all have with your dolls. I really wish I had been young enough to know about them when they came out. It must have been wonderful as a child to receive your first PC dolls and have those wonderful catalogues.

Kim [img]smile.gif[/img]