Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's the food at AGP?

thepidget

Has anyone ever eaten at the AGP cafe? I'm thinking of going someday, but I would like to know if the food is any good and if it's worth the money. I'm especially considering coming for brunch or tea. Thanks!!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Yum, I'm getting hungry.... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's actually pretty good. I would suggest lunch rather than tea. The price is almost the same and the timing for tea is not the best.

I think they only do brunch on weekends.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The food is good,and the portions are pretty big. The pizza is pretty big, and hard to finish unless you are really hungry.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The brunch is absolutely delicious! My mom and I had the pancakes, and my dad had something else (can't remember), but all three of us gave it our stamp of approval. My dad said it was the best brunch he had had in years (and let me tell you, it was not easy task to get the father of a grown daughter to go to a doll store). He insists we go for brunch any time we might be in the Chicago area from now on, lol. (not very often [img]wink.gif[/img] ) Brunch is fantastic there, go for it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IM sure there are many here who are going to disagree, but I dont think thier food is that great!! I think its overpriced and not the best choices in the world. The kids menu is okay, I didnt care for the adult menu tho, there are only a few choices and one is usually a salad.. my choices last time was a portella mushroom sandwich on a roll , Cobb salad , or well what ever it was was not appealing because I dont remember. I do think however its not really about the food its about the experiance. I think I would pass on the cafe if I ever went again and take DD across the street to Fridays where I know she loves regular fries. AGP had sweet potatoe FF which she wouldnt even touch. Her meal was 22.00 at Fridays its 4.99 and you have a whole menu to choose from.. this is JMO.

Ashley1972

I thought when someone mentioned that their meal cost $20 they were referring to the cost for 2 or 3 people because they said that it was a good price. I suppose for the experience it would be worth it as long as there wasn't any glass in the food!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My family and I ate at AGPLA for dinner one week after they opened so to be fair it may have been that they were new but we weren't absolutely thrilled with our meals either. I wouldn't say it was bad but I also wouldn't rave about it.

We all had pasta dishes and there certainly was alot of food but it was fairly plain tasting. I guess it is geared at children who generally speaking seem to prefer blander food anyway. My kids left most of their meals and we ended up taking them home as doggy bags.

We were certainly treated very well and they were always on hand to give us refills whenever we wanted.

I think if you are going to go, see it as a complete AG experience but if you are picky about your food, maybe just go for a tea or lunch or something like that.

All in all it was a very pleasant (excuse the pun) thing to do at the end of our shopping day. We've done it once and that's about it. (especially since we are in Australia now again - lol)

Juliette

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was there at the same time as Juliette. [img]smile.gif[/img] I ordered citrus-thyme chicken and I really liked it- it was very good. Overall, I thought the meal was worth the $22 per person for dinner, but I find that almost all restaurants will wind up being that amount after adding in drinks, desert, appetizer, etc., so I didn't feel like AG was that expensive to begin with (and hence did not expect anything too great, just decent food).

The desert was really good too, though by that time I was too full to eat the cake and cookie.

My only complaint is that their spinach-artichoke dip was comparatively bland. That's normally a favorite dip for me. Also, they could use about ten more carrot and celery sticks. You get a huge vat of yummy ranch dressing and only about four veggies. [img]frown.gif[/img] I love my veggies! But my entree was delicious. If you go to dinner in CA- go for the chicken if you like chicken!

emer222

I have several food pics in my album from AGPNY. I thought the food was very good.AGPNY Album

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yummy at AGP-NY last summer. I had a salad for lunch, and DD had pizza, which was large and enough for a snack later. The birthday cake was HUGE and really good, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast