Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know you don't mean to offend, but some people on this board may be offended, just the same. Many board members really like Harry Potter, and find the books and movies delightful and entertaining, though they are indeed FICTION.

However, there are those who shy away from these stories, feeling that the portrayal of witchcraft and magic is harmful, or even dangerous, or offensive to some religious beliefs.

This is a G-rated board, and if you read the rules, you'll see the one about posting comments that may be hurtful to others.
    Posting a comment that states anything that someone else says that they like is bad, and then saying "no offense", doesn't really soften it very much. (It's too much like telling someone, "You're stupid--no offense.")

It's probably better to keep such strong opinions to yourself, at least on this board. There are lots of other message boards better suited to such discussions.

I also hope this doesn't hurt your feelings--this advice is kindly meant, (as I get the feeling from your posts that you are one of our younger members) and I hope you'll enjoy this board as much as I do. [img]smile.gif[/img]

13Pumpkins

Hello! Welcome to the board.

Originally posted by AsianAG:
    I know you don't mean to offend, but some people on this board may be offended, just the same. Many board members really like Harry Potter, and find the books and movies delightful and entertaining, though they are indeed FICTION.

However, there are those who shy away from these stories, feeling that the portrayal of witchcraft and magic is harmful, or even dangerous, or offensive to some religious beliefs.

This is a G-rated board, and if you read the rules, you'll see the one about posting comments that may be hurtful to others.
    Posting a comment that states anything that someone else says that they like is bad, and then saying "no offense", doesn't really soften it very much. (It's too much like telling someone, "You're stupid--no offense.")

It's probably better to keep such strong opinions to yourself, at least on this board. There are lots of other message boards better suited to such discussions.

I also hope this doesn't hurt your feelings--this advice is kindly meant, (as I get the feeling from your posts that you are one of our younger members) and I hope you'll enjoy this board as much as I do. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well put.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

agfangirl

Originally posted by AsianAG:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yep,I'm soon to be a teen,almost..lol.

[img]redface.gif[/img] I'm sorry If I hurt someone.... [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's OK from here---I'm sure we all know you wouldn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. [img]smile.gif[/img]

(Just one other thing, though--if you're under 18, you shouldn't post your age, for safety reasons. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] )

Any more questions or news on your part about AG? Post away--we're really a very helpful bunch! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

agfangirl

I am going on vacation, so I won't be on for a while, see you later!! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

edited for chatspeak. [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 17, 2006 10:47 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, welcome!!

13Pumpkins

Did she just dump her account???? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] That was short lived.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did she delete her account? [img]frown.gif[/img]

I*love*dolls

Originally posted by cami713:

I assume the "no offense" post was deleted, but my mom has a saying that if you feel the need to start a sentance with "no offense, but..." you know what you're saying might hurt someone's feelings, but are saying it anyway [img]frown.gif[/img] . Sometimes it's hard to state your opinion in a way that won't hurt someone else's feelings (and, let's face it, everyone's offended by different things), but we all respect everyone else's opinion, and as long as things are said nicely and respectfully, saying you dislike something is perfectly ok (but read the rules first, some things simply aren't allowed here). But, if you're going to post saying you dislike something, just be ready to read people disagree with you [img]wink.gif[/img] . Especially about Harry Potter, as Robin said there are lots of avid HP fans here (myself included), who will argue its wholesomeness.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, also "don't take this the wrong way" can also be like that. Someone once said to me "Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems like you always have to have the last word". I'm still not over it and that was a while ago.

Inactive Member ElizabethLover101's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where did she go? thats odd. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast