My husband collects Pez dispensers and has been to several Pez conventions. It's a lot of fun! I know that with Pez, they have gotten the OK to use the name and the Pez company actually creates a special convention dispenser each year for the conventions. I believe there are about 5 or 6 that get put on each year in different areas of the country and individuals actually do all the work to put them on. They have special events throughout the first day by 'experts' and have a nice dinner and bingo (with some great prizes) in the evening. The main sale happens on Saturday where anyone from the public can come in and purchase Pez items from the dealers.

I think it would be great fun to attend an American Girl convention. On the one hand it would be great to coordinate the timing with the MCM sale as if I'm going to go halfway accross the country I'd love to do both. However, I can see where most people would not have the money and or time off for the convention if they are also going to the MCM sale. Hmmm, it would be a tough choice but I'd certainly be interested in coming! - Meg B.