Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is an interesting topic. I have thought a lot about this type of thing without getting any understanding.
    I have a #4 who I was going to name Hannah. She was going to be a sweet Asian girl. Well, it turns out she HAD to be called Jena and is quite an intense, high maintenance kid!! [img]smile.gif[/img] I have even bought her clothes I didn't like AT ALL because she wants them. Go figure!
    Then I have a #18 who I would like to be trendy, funky or at least somewhat cool. But no - she is so uncool it is painful. She likes "little girl" clothes that are from the 60's. Not the hippie type thing but clothes like Molly would wear. Sometimes I get so frusterated with her for being the way she is but I can't change her!!?! She's a doll for goodness sake - I should be able to dress her how I want! I have resolved to get a #1 or an Addy to be the doll I keep wishing she would be although I worry about Addy fussing over the same thing.
    It seems very strange to me that we don't have more control over these doll characters but ... ????

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, ladies! You make me feel a bit more normal... or among the company of other nuts! Be it as it may! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for all the sharing and the reassurance that it is OK to let Lizza be herself.

When I got Kiana (PM AGT4) I had an idea of who she was going to be, until she told me (in her sweet and incredibly gentle way) that she knew better! No Japanese girl there, but Hawaiian with Japanese ancestry. So, what I thought was her name ended up being the nickname her Japanese grandma used with her (Hideko), but her "real" name is Kiana, loud and clear!

With Leilani (AGT11 with short hair) I thought she was going to be a Nubian girl during the Ancient Egyptian New Kingdom (18th dynasty in general, Amarna period in particular) and that Ranefer (Carpatina's Ana Ming, who is an Egyptian priestess) was going to be her mentor. Well... all is well when Leilani is time traveling and visiting the Black Land, but when she is in the here and now, she is another Hawaiian from the group of Kiana and Octavia!

So... we'll see who Lizza is going to be!!! I will listen and will keep you informed!

[img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img] Ana [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You all have me nervous now! I need to rewig my PM Felicity, since she was...well-loved, to say the least. I couldn't bear the idea of sending her to the doll hospital, because I don't like the neon green Felicity eyes now, but I certainly hope Felicity's personality doesn't change as a result! I know she must have grown up in my absence, but she doesn't seem to be too different yet...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I've had several dolls like that, and every time I think they've found their identity, they haven't.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Aelindil:
    You all have me nervous now! I need to rewig my PM Felicity, since she was...well-loved, to say the least. I couldn't bear the idea of sending her to the doll hospital, because I don't like the neon green Felicity eyes now, but I certainly hope Felicity's personality doesn't change as a result! I know she must have grown up in my absence, but she doesn't seem to be too different yet...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is definitely a risk you are taking! There is something in the dolls "energy" that changes when they go from owner to owner or from one physical appearance to another.
    Best wishes with Felicity. You may want to "talk her into" the process!

Ana

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12