Thread: We celebrated the anticipation of today by...

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

going to the Zoo and creating two new albums for everyone to enjoy!

The Zoo trip was to see the brand new baby elephant just born a few weeks ago at our Zoo. Beholding such a beautiful creature today at the Zoo made me thankful for so many things, most importantly the miracle of new life. It was a tearful moment though the camera doesn't show it!

The other new one is in honor of all of you who helped me choose Kit and Molly items to build my collection by taking advantage of the coupon. Thanks again for all of your input and advice. As you'll see everything was a huge success. I really appreciated your help!

Enjoy!

[img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cute albums! I think Holly looks adorable.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice buys for the girls; I LOVE the skating pictures! Nice shots of the zoo, too; I've never seen a hippo through aquarium glass, wow! Thanks!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your albums are just adorable. Holly is beautiful! The photos of your trip to the zoo were amazing---so clear, colorful and interesting! The baby elephant is TOO CUTE!! I haven't been to the St. Louis Zoo since I was little, a zillion years ago. What a great place. Thanks!

Karla

Polly Marie

Such good times! Loved the zoo trip and the opening of the AG packages. Also the skating and train playing.
    Thanks for sharing the cute pics! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your albums are wonderful! I really enjoyed looking at them. The packages, skating, and train pictures were so much fun. I couldn't help but notice that you have a beautiful home too!

The zoo pictures were awesome too. Your St.Louis zoo reminds me a lot of our Toledo Zoo. We have the hippoquarium too but the water is usually cloudy and we have a train that takes you around all the african animals. We just went to the zoo last week. Our aquarium is an older building that was built during the depression under the WPA(Works Progress Administration) and there is a plaque on the building stating that. I immediately thought of Kit when I saw the sign. When I get my Kit I am taking her to zoo just so I can get a picture of her next to the sign. I imagine her brother Charlie helping in the construction of that building since we are only a few hours away from Cincinatti, LOL.

Do people look at you funny when you take pictures of your dolls? I've only taken pics of mine at our home or at the lake, not out in public yet. I will one of these days. I just wondered what people's reaction were as you were snapping all these adorable pictures of your dolls.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Carrie!

In response to your question about how people react to our picture taking adventures, the first time DD & I took the dolls to the Zoo a few weeks ago some people made comments like "Weird" and "Bizarre" and I knew they were speaking about us as they passed by. I also had several folks ask me what I was doing and was it for a school related project for my daughter. I explained that it is educational in my opinion and that DD (& you all) get a lot of entertainment out of having the adventure & then making up and reading the stories.

When I took the girls to the playground no one really was there other than a mom & her boys (who I just discovered are in our Parents Day Out program with us this year) but she thought it was a cool idea. Yesterday, I had a few people ask me just about the dolls in general and quite a few little girls ask me if they could play with the dolls--all of them wanted Kit for some reason!

I've decided that making albums is immensely enjoyable and my DD loves to look at them over & over on the computer, so it is definitely worth the comments and questions that may go along with taking the dolls on adventures. Once the weather cools off more here we are going to do Grant's Farm and a couple of fun parks plus the Botanical Gardens too.

I think you should totally try taking your dolls out. It's more work than I thought it would be but so fun too.

Also, our Zoo's hippo pool was absolutely the clearest I've ever seen it yesterday, which is why I was so thrilled to get those pictures. I'm thinking it'll be at top condition for a while since so many folks are coming through to see the elephants!

HTH.

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What adorable albums you have! You really have very pretty dolls! Thanks for sharing!
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What cute albums! Glad you are happy with your orders-- the girls look great!